Tire changing

I have searched around and to change out the rear tires most people said to try out walmart. well my local walmarts dont change atv tires even though they sell them.... :huh:

i called the atv shops around here and they want 30+ per wheel to change out.

my question is how many of you use the tire changer from Harbor Freight? the machine is 50 and says it changes atv tires. any other suggestions?

If you can get the old tires off, installing the new tires is pretty simple.

But, if you can't get them off, any tire shop (good year, firestone, etc.) has the ability to change them for you. It's more a matter of if they're "willing".

that $50 changer from harbor freight works awesome......

my brother has one and i changed a set of front tires out the other day and to dismount 4 and mount 2 it took me like maybe 30 mins total...

the hardest part is getting the beads broke

Dan

If you can get the old tires off, installing the new tires is pretty simple.

But, if you can't get them off, any tire shop (good year, firestone, etc.) has the ability to change them for you. It's more a matter of if they're "willing".

if the tires are junk, then cut them off with a sawzall or die grinder. it's a little messy but it works.

that $50 changer from harbor freight works awesome......

my brother has one and i changed a set of front tires out the other day and to dismount 4 and mount 2 it took me like maybe 30 mins total...

the hardest part is getting the beads broke

Dan

i remember back in the day my dad would use the old school bumper jacks to break the bead on car tires. he would lay the tire under the bumper, put the jack stand on the tire as close to the rim as possible. then he would work the jack. eventually the weight of the car would cause the bead to break. then he would use a tire iron to work the tire off of the rim. yeah, i know it sounds backwoods. but, after a 6 pack and a lot of cussing it always worked.

Get a nac's bead breaker and 2 tire irons. One of the best investments I ever made. The harbor freight changer works good, but its not that portable. When you're out in the mountains, or in the desert, or basically anywhere you can get the tire off the rim and fixed. and it takes up no room whatsoever.

It's actually quite easy with the beadbreaker (make sure you get a nac's, there are imitations out there everywhere, but they tend to slip a lot, its worth the couple extra bucks). I can change a tire from pulling it off my shee to putting it back on in about 5-10 minutes including seating the new bead.

I had a brand new set of realtors that I hit a rock and put a gash in the side that took more than 8 plugs to get it to hold enough air to get me back to camp without hurting my rim or taking a couple hours doing 5 mph. Popped the tire off and patched the hell out of the inside, threw my extra set of tires on for the rest of the day, and the next day the realtor tire was good as new.

Get a nac's bead breaker and 2 tire irons. One of the best investments I ever made. The harbor freight changer works good, but its not that portable. When you're out in the mountains, or in the desert, or basically anywhere you can get the tire off the rim and fixed. and it takes up no room whatsoever.

It's actually quite easy with the beadbreaker (make sure you get a nac's, there are imitations out there everywhere, but they tend to slip a lot, its worth the couple extra bucks). I can change a tire from pulling it off my shee to putting it back on in about 5-10 minutes including seating the new bead.

I had a brand new set of realtors that I hit a rock and put a gash in the side that took more than 8 plugs to get it to hold enough air to get me back to camp without hurting my rim or taking a couple hours doing 5 mph. Popped the tire off and patched the hell out of the inside, threw my extra set of tires on for the rest of the day, and the next day the realtor tire was good as new.

U know where to get one ive been trying for the last 2 weeks nacs is out of stock. I havent called them yet to see if there getting more any time soon.

Like someone said getting the old ones off is the hard part. If you are not going to use them again, (if you are replacing the tires, not just chaging them for a ride), set the rim on pavement, have some one hold it in place and run over the tire with a pickup. I know it sounds retarted, but it works. lol Dont run over the wheel, just the tire. It will pop off everytime. I have done it quite a few times on OEM yamaha tires and it worked.

we got a bead to set with a mountain bike co2 pump, took o couple of shots but we got to work and got it back to camp so i would think that a 1.5 gallon would work