450 A-Arm Kits!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice bike, that looks like a lot more clearance then the other yzf450 set up's .... is that from the elka's or how did you do that with those arms?

Its mostly from the elkas...17.5" eye to eye...and the tires I run are taller then most tires with the same numerical size...

but they are stock upper and lower yfz arms mounted in the stock banshee locations...I'm also using the yfz spindle/hub/brake assemblies... it has a bit of neg. camber which gives it better steering through the dunes...

• 2 weeks later...
Yo Mofucka... I'll tell you what, thats a damn nice pic of your shee on the mountain.... And equally as nice is that avatar :thumbsup:

THANKS Grim!

Who did your signature pic? Looks bad ass!

Anyone know how much a nice pair of fron yfz shocks should cost?

THANKS Grim!

Who did your signature pic? Looks bad ass!

Anyone know how much a nice pair of fron yfz shocks should cost?

I got a set of 06's for 150 shipped but was very lucky the guy just wanted them gone (Craigslist)....

I was looking for a week and every pair I found or bidded on was going for $185 - $225. The 04-05's seem to go cheaper, but the white coil 06 and up or SE's can get up there in price.

• 1 month later...

Here's a few pics of my YFZ450 setup on my Banshee. The first pic is the setup with stock 450 shocks and the second pic is with a set of Fox Shocks. The Fox shocks are actually off of an Arctic Cat Snowmobile. They can be adjusted up to 150 psi. I have them set at about 45 psi. The ride for me is real nice, great on the whoops.

l_478a3d2d0c128a9e09be18ef47ebe016.jpg

l_3a51269b039a09fead62fe3c4931c3b8.jpg

Ace Hardware carries a 14mm washer that is a perfect fit on the sleeve. Three fit perfect as a spacer for ones on a budget.

Is that all you need to make those a arms fit right.............i read about having to grind the top bracket for the shocks,but havent figured out what i need to do to mount the arms to the frame.......................One of my bros is thinkin about sellin me his stock yfz shocks and arms off his SE.........Yellow shocks black arms,a perfect match to my SHEE