SHOW OF UR TRUCKS!

FasterThanU90

• 3 weeks later...

Ive owned them ALL. Dirtymax, cummins 5.9 & 6.7, & this 6.0 Ford. I like the cummins but the dodge stuff let me down. they leaked everhthing and you coukd have hidden a small midget in the busted ass dash. Both dodges had to have airbags on rear. The chevy breaks IFS front end parts. The 6-oh has held up. Egr delete, a couple injectors, and resoldered the ficm. When I start pulling hay from my leases it will have 30k pounds behind it and run 4 days straight back and forth bringing it home. My chevy in the background is a gasser and will do 15-18k pounds max. This is my first Ford and she has treated me good!

IMO and experience the Ford Super Duty chassis is the superior work truck platform with the best balance of work truck durability and good handling and great comfort. 

I have owned a Ford Super Duty since early 99'.  I currently own 6 of them to run my landscape and excavation business. 2- 99 F350's, a 00' F350, an 03' F350 DRW, an 06' F250 and my person work truck an 08' F550. 

The old 7.3 motors are nearly bullet proof.  Two of mine are pushing close to 200k miles on them.  Obviously the 6.0 has its issues, but once those issues are dealt with you will have a great truck as well as engine.  We just sent out the ficm for repair and tuning today.  The 6.4 isn't perfect either, my 08' 550 has had it's issues, but with it now deleted and tuned it is a night and day different and better truck.

My trucks are routinely loaded down very heavy and they have all held up very well.  My older trucks have been routinely loaded on average with a gross of about 25,000lbs all day long.  I regularly gross about 40,000lbs with my 550 and often run as high as 46,000lbs with zero issues.

Nobody that knows diesels can argue what the cummins engine brings to the table, especially if they are dropped into a Super Duty.  The dodge part IMO and experience will not hold up long term in any way at all, especially the front ends and the bodies.  Chevy/GMC are fine if you want car like ride and handling, but they don't hold a candle to a Ford for a work platform. 

• Like 1