Switching Mix Oil

87sheerips

i cant believe it! no one runs blendsall on here. i'm not trying to add to the war but i've used this stuff since the 80's at a 32:1 and never had any problem. when i go to get it seems to be not many bottles on the shelf. i LOVE the smell of it. blendsall racing castor ftw

Again, just like Ive said about trans oil, "oil is oil". I dont believe in buying all that fancy oil that costs an arm and a leg, I mean paying close to 20 dollars for a small bottle of oil is rediculous when you can just buy yamalube(9 a quart). Not saying you have to buy Yamalube, but my point is that 2-stroke oil isnt going to add on performance no matter how much you pay for it or how special it says it is. An oil similar to yamalube will work just as good as any racing synthetic, it may smoke just a little more but if you want to help with that just buy a nology coil and hotwires, and youll save alot of money when you ride.

I mean its bad enough gas is expensive so theres no need to make it worse buy using expensive oils if you dont have to.

Unless you want to, then all power to you.

I personally run amsoil dominator at 50:1. I use to run castor 927 but after tearing my engine apart recently I switched to amsoil since it seems the castor oil doesnt burn clean at all. All oils have a btu rating on them which is how well it burns. I know amsoil has a +1 btu rating so it burns pretty good, im sure other oils out there have the same rating so check that out as well on whatever you decide to run.

I'm pretty sure if your burning your oil you are running the bike way to lean. The oil is supposed to lubricate, not burn.

I noticed once I got the fuel in my bike all of a sudden there is unburned oil appearing in my silencers. And now it's not smoking, thats because I'm not lean anymore and therefore I'm not burning my oil.

Burning oil is bad.

I'm pretty sure if your burning your oil you are running the bike way to lean. The oil is supposed to lubricate, not burn.

I noticed once I got the fuel in my bike all of a sudden there is unburned oil appearing in my silencers. And now it's not smoking, thats because I'm not lean anymore and therefore I'm not burning my oil.

Burning oil is bad.

All oils burn, some burn cleaner then others though.

Castor 927 will seperate at lower temps also. I just switched from castor927 to klotz supertechniplate and like it so far.

Huh, good to know the benol shit separates from the gas in the winter, ill stay away. Maybe ill try the castrol 927 stuff, or the supertechniplate. Thanks for the comments!

ya i know ill get a million opinions, but is this klots benol good stuff?

I run castor 927.My buddies run klotz and had plug fouling problems.Switched to castor and they say they dont anymore.Castor smells nice too!

As far as oil seperating from gas yes it happens. Thats why you should skake your gas tank before every ride and if your on a long ride in cold weather and you stop shake it again. I dont think you have to worry about it seperating like that though. Espically with fresh.

As far as oil seperating from gas yes it happens. Thats why you should skake your gas tank before every ride and if your on a long ride in cold weather and you stop shake it again. I dont think you have to worry about it seperating like that though. Espically with fresh.

Most 2 stroke oils dont really seperat. It is just the Caster Oil in both 927 and Benol. When it gets cold out its like oil and water, they dont mix. Well maybe not that extream but along the lines of that.

Here is a link to Klotz's web page. They only give a waring about Benol. No warning about there other oils.

Benol Link

http://www.klotzlube.com/tech/BC-175-1.pdf

Supertechniplate link

http://www.klotzlube.com/tech/KL-100.pdf

R50 Link

http://www.klotzlube.com/tech/KL-102.pdf

I run the Supertechinplate because it is the best of both worlds. Super Strong Film strenth because of the caster oil, and Clean burnig because of the Synthetic oil.

I think Supertechhiplate is pretty much 20% Benol Caster oil, and 80% of there R50 Synthetic oil.