My Flywheel disaster!....exploded

Polish

This is my flywheel disaster..........while traveling out to China Wall ......and doing a lot of runs up and down the hill........I found myself broke down about 4 1/2 miles from camp..........we were leaving and about 5 min away from China Wall......my Bike went POP...........I thought for sure it was my crank............But by kicking my bike over all the compression seem to be still there......(just no spark).......switched coils with another banshee........and still no spark!!!!!!.........so I tore off the stator cover and this is what I found...................Look at this mess.......

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive done that before, only difference was that i did it by using the wrong type of puller(used a hymonike[sp] balance puller) and pulled the outside off the center adn ripped the stator in to just like the way urs looks. :shoothead: at leasts it didnt come apart ina million pieces and hurt someone :beer:

who cut it??

they tried to remove more weight by putting those holes in the face adn it weaken it.

sucks.

i had BDBANSHEE CUT MINE not sure how much he removed but it works fine. revs faster for sure.

Edited by wesw

Well I wont say who done the work for me.....but the fly wheel metal that is left sure is THIN THIN.......almost like sheet metal thin...........I just hope that my crank is still trued............it was so damanged :banghead:

that honestly looks LOL horrible !

Youll get it fixed man... I might have a stock flywheel laying around you can have.

good lookin out chase....let me know what you want for it :beer:

After a few BLOODY knuckles............I finally got it removed..................I havent decide if I want to go with Ricky Stator or someone else...............it seems that RS is really the only guy to turn to!!!!..........GOT LIGHTS???............RS has the whole setup with plate and flywheel for around $300