My Flywheel disaster!....exploded

Polish

Polish did you have a buggy in your group pull you back?

That sucks. It happens. Try being pulled back in the dark over those big dunes being pulled by a Dune/Drag Banshee. That's some pucker factor for the sphincter.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polish did you have a buggy in your group pull you back?

That sucks. It happens. Try being pulled back in the dark over those big dunes being pulled by a Dune/Drag Banshee. That's some pucker factor for the sphincter.

I was pulled by a LT buggy...........he was just rolling over the dunes.......AND I WAS HANGING ON FOR DEAR LIFE.........I was flying over razor backs when the slack in the rope was let out.........what an insain ride........VERY DANGEROUS.....VERY!!!!

so... who did the machine work?....I am thinking of shaving wieght off mine, and do not want this to happen to me. If you dont feel comfortable talking about it in this thread where everyone can see it, I understand. Shoot me a PM if you can.

I dont feel cofortable posting........pm sent

I was pulled by a LT buggy...........he was just rolling over the dunes.......AND I WAS HANGING ON FOR DEAR LIFE.........I was flying over razor backs when the slack in the rope was let out.........what an insain ride........VERY DANGEROUS.....VERY!!!!

I dont feel cofortable posting........pm sent

I think if its a problem you encountered, it should be said. Did you request it be made that small or did the person just do it that small on their own? If you didn't request it like that, it should be said who did it, unless they are going to buy it back from you and replace with a good one.

JMO.

Why didn't someone from your group pull you back? No tow rope?

I think if its a problem you encountered, it should be said. Did you request it be made that small or did the person just do it that small on their own? If you didn't request it like that, it should be said who did it, unless they are going to buy it back from you and replace with a good one.

JMO.

no I didnt request for it to be made that small..........I only said.........for him to do what he feels is best with my mods and riding........I got a few messages from this person........and negotiations were made.....but nothing of the fact of replacing it completely...........the only negotiations that were made was.......if I send him a new flywheel he will do the work again for free.....or.......he will mod my shift star.........all I said back was "that I will keep that in mind".............the more and more I think about .........the more and more I feel its going to cost me $$$$$$$$$..............

I do have to say, that when the work was performed..........all the work was very prompt including shipping..............

But I just dont understand.........I dont zip back and forth on a drag track..........I, like you, ride my bike hard (when there are others that ride hard too)..........sometimes miles away from camp............my flywheel Maybe at the most had 10 - 15 hours on it.........suxs :banghead:

JMO.

Look at more pics I posted on page 3...........I even measured the flywheel

well the proof shall be in the pudding...........unless someone knows the specs on how thin a flywheel should be..............look at this!.............it even measures less than 1mm.............look at the damn pics...

flywheelmic.jpg

flywheelmic2.jpg

Why didn't someone from your group pull you back? No tow rope?

we tried to pull him back but we didnt have a buggy just a yfz 450 and the dunes where too big to pull him out on it... we trid for a while until i just went to lizard and got some guys in a buggy that where getting ready to bounce and they pulle dus to olds and then i limped him to camp..

well the proof shall be in the pudding...........unless someone knows the specs on how thin a flywheel should be..............look at this!.............it even measures less than 1mm.............look at the damn pics...

flywheelmic2.jpg

That is way to thin. If you had the same guy do it I would be afraid of getting one like you have now. I am suprised some body hasnt made a billit aluminum flywheel yet. With the flywheel your were running it was probably like running a PVL Ignition with no flywheel at all.

why dont you have the guy just make you a new one thats not as light.

i think he cut like 70 of those and like 2 have had problems.

i know he said he would take care of you. just get one thats lightened like 9oz.

i know for a FACT there any several people running the same flywheel cut he had done... but i wont mention any names... the guy that did the cutting knows what he is doing im 100% sure of that and he does these thing all the time ... he knows how much metal to take of and from where to get the wiegth desired... im not going to drop dimes being polish doesnt want to mention where it was cut and ruin somones image do to his misfortune.

If the guy that cut that made his living removing the same amount of material from the same place as on Polish's wheel every time, there is no way that guy would still be living. Not only is it improper to leave that amounty of material in that particular area where it failed, it's pretty reckless. :ninja:

you guys are fuking funny, theres no way to know that it was going to fail... you cant see the underside to see if its fractured or if its thinner in one spot then others.. and id be willing to bet youve thought of sending your flywheel or other parts to this guy to have done... i know alot of poeple on here either have sent him parts or where going to but never got around to it...

just like wes said this guys cut over 70 of them and maybe 2 have failed... and your quick to start pointing fingers and blaiming it on th guy? give me a brake...

Edited by Bansh-eman

Not only does that flywheel look way to thin. But the extra holes drilled in the face are way to close to the rivets that hold it together. Look at the cracks around them. Listen to what these people are trying to tell you already. Its broken all to shit. I have had a few lightened flywheels. All of different weight. None of them even the lightest one. Looked anything like that.

Listen to what these people are trying to tell you already.
Hey bro I dont need people to tell me what it do...........I wouldn't have posted this if I thought everything was OK.............do you think it takes a long ASS thred to finally figure out that maybe it was to thin..............NO.......I was the one that measured it and posted pics......so that tells you something.......you think :thumbsup:

how much does lightning your flywheel help and how much should be taken off before its unsafe like this one it broke at the bend that should be the starting point for the lathe where you adjust the depth could it have been thinner there where he adjusted the amount to be cut causing the failure to occur

Edited by dishman

you guys are fuking funny, theres no way to know that it was going to fail... you cant see the underside to see if its fractured or if its thinner in one spot then others.. and id be willing to bet youve thought of sending your flywheel or other parts to this guy to have done... i know alot of poeple on here either have sent him parts or where going to but never got around to it...

just like wes said this guys cut over 70 of them and maybe 2 have failed... and your quick to start pointing fingers and blaiming it on th guy? give me a brake...

Damn, get this dude out of your ass for a second and look at the facts. THAT flywheel is too thin. End of story. It never should have been sent to a customer like that.

Im 99% sure I already know who it is, and I'll bet most other people that have been here for a while know who it is too. Come out and say it already.

If parts failed like that on our race vehicles failed 7.5% ((2/70) though I am sure it's more than 2) of the time, no one in my company would have a job anymore. :shoothead: