my YFZ450 a-arm install

Mullet Man

98' with 05 yfz arms and shocks,and +2 Banshee Full Flight Tie Rods! rides great will be upgrading soon to the spindles and hubs..etc... and maybe some longer shocks to raise it up a little but as of right now its AWESOME THANKS TO MULLET MAN FOR THE INSPIRATION!....

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im currently trying to source all the parts to do this to mine, its a 06, im using my standard spindles, but what about the tie rods? do you go for 450 tie rods, or grizzly?

im currently trying to source all the parts to do this to mine, its a 06, im using my standard spindles, but what about the tie rods? do you go for 450 tie rods, or grizzly?

I don't know about grizzly's but I know YFZ tie-rods are a tight grip on the rod ends. Maybe my setup is too wide or too low so the rods cannot screw about 5 threads, maybe when I lift it up, the tie rods can thread more...

• 2 months later...

first try result...

DSCN2095.jpg

My upper and lower ball joint have 1 inch of distance... front to rear

DSCN2096.jpg

DSCN2097.jpg

DSCN2098.jpg

my lower arm spacer result

DSCN2099.jpg

DSCN2100.jpg

the bad alligment of the both ball joint (upper/lower) result that

DSCN2101.jpg

Can it possible to do more good job or every body result is that....?

tanks!

Edited by 3SGTE

• 2 months later...

first try result...

DSCN2095.jpg

My upper and lower ball joint have 1 inch of distance... front to rear

DSCN2096.jpg

DSCN2097.jpg

DSCN2098.jpg

my lower arm spacer result

DSCN2099.jpg

DSCN2100.jpg

the bad alligment of the both ball joint (upper/lower) result that

DSCN2101.jpg

:confused: I can't find any one who has used 2007 or newer YFZ-450R Suspenson Parts....... Why Not? :confused:

Okay....... I'm almost done with my YFZ-450R front suspension conversion. I just got in the YZF Hubs and Spindles today because I wanted to do this right and as close to OEM specs as possible. But I've got a question. I used 2009-2010 parts, and I can't find any one else who has used parts off the 2007-2010 YFZ. So my question is why not? The only thing I can find that differs from your instructions is the top a arms must be cut/milled as well to fit the stock Banshee frame brackets.

I bought a set of 2010 YZF-450R a arms, and shocks, off ebay after searching for weeks I finaly found a guy who had a set of 2010 YFZ a arms and shock he had taken off and replaced with a set of FOX shocks and Houser a arms. I got the a arm and shock set up for $161.96 and sent the a arms (both Banshee, and YZF-450R) to Qualex a Machine shop and had the a arms milled down, and a set of custom spacers made. Me and my brother bolted them on and it looked and fit great, but the tie rods that came with the a arms didn't have tie rod ends so I ordered a pair of complete Full Flight + 3 Banshee tie rods and tie rod ends ($97.00). That fixed that problem. Then I noticed one of the stock spindles had been bent so I went ahead and bought a set of 2009 YFZ Spindles, hubs and brakes that were lightly used take offs for $100. So I'm in this deep my next purchase is going to be YFZ front brake lines because I'm pushing the limits of the Banshee Brake lines there stretched tight, and the YFZ steering stem. So far the bike looks great. Its + 6 inches wider than it was with the sock banshee suspension do you guys have any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok so heres my 450 arm install...... its included in my build post, and includes MY solution to the lost ride hieght, and suspension travel>>>> also if someone wants me to do this mod for them its $75. you pay shipping.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138011&st=15

heres a pic of everything before i weld it all up. i basically move the shock mount back in about 2" to return close to stock ride height, and full travel of the arms

IMG00148-20110105-1253.jpg