my YFZ450 a-arm install

Mullet Man

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know lonestar sells a "D-arm" aka converts to "A-arms" I think the kit includes brackets. If you can find the directions.... :confused:

Yeah i have seen that kit, havent seen directions, but i didn't think about taking a peek at them either. time to track thoes down i guess. thanks for the idea..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Alright i just took like an hour to read all this and only one guy asked about 07 or newer parts? A friend is giving me a really good deal on his 08 arms and i need to know if it will work. If i need different tierod ends or what all i will need? And where to get spacers for the bottom arms. Please get back to me on this someone. I know its an old post but alot of people have looked at it so hopefully someone can answer. Also can i use my banshee spindals or do i need to buy the ones from his 450 as well?

Yeah so they probably wear out. It's alot easier to do something know If it will be easy or not but I guess it will just be a project that I figure out for myself. Lol can't be too bad

Yeah so they probably wear out. It's alot easier to do something know If it will be easy or not but I guess it will just be a project that I figure out for myself. Lol can't be too bad

Its not the wearing out you need to worry about,,,,it that the bad angle puts them in a bind. A buddy of mine ran this setup and his broke while at speed..not pretty,tore his bike up pretty good.

I had a lower ball joint separate on mine while dragging out at the dunes. we were running it pretty far out too. it popped out just as i rolled up to the line. i got rid of the arms for banshee stuff along with the correct shocks and it rides better and turns 100% better. had that come apart at 50+mph me and the bike would have been totaled.

I had a lower ball joint separate on mine while dragging out at the dunes. we were running it pretty far out too. it popped out just as i rolled up to the line. i got rid of the arms for banshee stuff along with the correct shocks and it rides better and turns 100% better. had that come apart at 50+mph me and the bike would have been totaled.

Thats almost exactly what happened to my buddys bike,,except he was at the end of our strip. Really rolling. Pretty much trashed his bike and he didnt fair too well. Convinced me not to risk it. He rocked the YFZ front for most of the season and i guess figured it was going to be ok after a while. guess not.:shootself:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...