Da Vinci Code

warwgn

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but they cant find a monkey whos half man 10.000 years ago?, maybe in all that digging they missed him?

You keep referring to this half and half thing, nobody ever said there was ever a monkey-man, haven't you ever seen a good evolution illustration? It was slow and subtle process. Almost unnoticeable except on a scale of thousands of years, not like some monkey just grew a human head or something one day.

You keep referring to this half and half thing, nobody ever said there was ever a monkey-man, haven't you ever seen a good evolution illustration? It was slow and subtle process. Almost unnoticeable except on a scale of thousands of years, not like some monkey just grew a human head or something one day.

LMAO

yes they did. like bean sprouts, it just appeared one day.

did you know that the theory of slow macro evolution is based on presuppositions ie:it must be true because we have never SEEN it take place. presuppositions take place on both sides, but this is one of yours. scale is another one because it's big it must take longer, but there's no evidence to support this idea. quantum leap theory was more popular a few years ago, than it is now. it was presented because of the lack of transitional fossils. animals must go through rapid changes because we have no fossils otherwise. micro evoultion can take place in a couple of weeks but still we see no evidence that it crosses the line to macro. don't be silly just because you hear macro evoulotion is now true on tv or PBS doesn't make it true. it's still theory based on many assumptions.

I'll say it again there will never be conclusive material/scientific evidence proving or dissproving "OUR FATHERS" existence theres only probability. it takes faith, whether you have the stones to admit it or not.* the real question is who's faith is based on evidence. this question of 04le never gets answered, it's no stretch to figure out why believes are here, to be used by God to make disciples, why do unbelievers care so much about conversion, rocks don't? (my paraphrase)

I gotta admit this has been more fun since the thread "destroyer" is absent!

*brooke has admitted to this. which makes her agnostic ( sorry to use you so much, but youre my example of honest level headed thinking) and the rest of you are also but can't admit it because you hate Him so much < I said this because if any of you convert someday you'll remember someone told you the truth. most of my post are not trying to convert you to the bible God. I try to get you to admit the possibility of God. then we can seperate the gods

Edited by rkc

I'll say it again there will never be conclusive material/scientific evidence proving or dissproving "OUR FATHERS" existence theres only probability. it takes faith, whether you have the stones to admit it or not.* the real question is who's faith is based on evidence. this question of 04le never gets answered, it's no stretch to figure out why believes are here, to be used by God to make disciples, why do unbelievers care so much about conversion, rocks don't? (my paraphrase)

There are a few self proclaimed holier than thou religious bigots on here who are so intolerant that when confronted with someone else's beliefs, or interest they react with condescension, derision, and a mocking attitude that only seeks to tear people down to their level.

I was raised to judge each person individually and I do that. I was raised to respect people's right to live their lives the way they see fit so long as it doesn't infringe on others and I do that. I get that the world is not a perfect place. I get that there are people who hate others simply because of their race or their gender or their religion. I get that that isn't really a good thing.

What I don't get is the amount of energy spent on all of this. You can't legislate feelings. You can't make people like each other and you shouldn't try. You should try to live your life with a certain degree of tolerance for all people what ever their beliefs may or may not be. This thread is a good example of how some people use religion and God as an excuse to act in a hateful way toward others, just for the sole reason of not agreeing with one's beliefs.

What disturbs me about the religion aspects of this debate is that a few radical religious individuals on here thinks everyone should accept and celebrate their beliefs not just tolerate them. I don't have to like anything about any group. This insistence that I celebrate your relationship with Jesus or celebrate your cultural crap is nonsense and just another way people try to impose their beliefs on you.

Go do your thing but stop waving your thing in my face and demanding that I am bigoted or racist or anti-whatever because I don't want to "celebrate" with you.

Content of character, not choice of religion or depth of faith is how I judge and relate to people.

Why don't they use coffins or shovels to bury their dead? :shrug:

do elephants have opposable thumbs?

ex. this thumb is pointing down :down: , this one is up :thumbsup: , this one helps this little guy hold onto a sign :thanks: and helps these guys hold frosty beer mugs :beer:

did you know that the theory of slow macro evolution is based on presuppositions ie:it must be true because we have never SEEN it take place. presuppositions take place on both sides, but this is one of yours. scale is another one because it's big it must take longer, but there's no evidence to support this idea. quantum leap theory was more popular a few years ago, than it is now. it was presented because of the lack of transitional fossils. animals must go through rapid changes because we have no fossils otherwise. micro evoultion can take place in a couple of weeks but still we see know evidence that it crosses the line to macro. don't be silly just because you hear macro evoulotion is now true on tv or PBS doesn't make it true. it's still theory based on many assumptions.

I gotta admit this has been more fun since the thread "destroyer" is absent!

*brooke has admitted to this. which makes her agnostic ( sorry to use you so much, but youre my example of honest level headed thinking) and the rest of you are also but can't admit it because you hate Him so much < I said this because if any of you convert someday you'll remember someone told you the truth. most of my post are not trying to convert you to the bible God. I try to get you to admit the possibility of God. then we can seperate the gods

Ok, fine, there is a level of faith from both sides, but if we scale it on a level of 1-10, believers of God would be a 10 and believers of science a 1. Whether you will admit it or not, evolution has more evidence supporting it ten fold. And its not like believers were "placed" here, if that was the case why wouldn't god just choose to have everyone be a believer, what could possibly be the reason for a god to want to test our faith? Believers are here because someone wrote such a good fairy tale that they got people to believe it and those people got more people to believe it, and now it has escalated into this completely ridiculous thing we call religion. Also, nonbelievers do not care nearly as much about conversion as believers do, religious types are always trying to push their views on others, there really is no reason for me to even be having this debate because I don't care one bit about what you believe in, but its like when I'm out riding and someone spouts off about how their 400ex is faster than any Banshee, I just have to say something.

Edited by Master of Faster

most of my post are not trying to convert you to the bible God. I try to get you to admit the possibility of God. then we can seperate the gods

thanks keith thats right on check

Ok, fine, there is a level of faith from both sides, but if we scale it on a level of 1-10, believers of God would be a 10 and believers of science a 1. Whether you will admit it or not, evolution has more evidence supporting it ten fold. .

no it doesnt, where are you getting that from?........thats the problem all you guys just post shit.....scientist's admit there must be a creator, even in the end darwin addmitted it..........start qupting some proof of evolution

thanks keith thats right on check

no it doesnt, where are you getting that from?........thats the problem all you guys just post shit.....scientist's admit there must be a creator, even in the end darwin addmitted it..........start qupting some proof of evolution

For what? So that you can just say its bullshit? Like I said before I have no interest in trying to convince you into waking up, so if you want evidence just pull up google and start looking, its not hard to find, and I've already done it for myself.

Edited by Master of Faster

There are a few self proclaimed holier than thou religious bigots on here who are so intolerant that when confronted with someone else's beliefs, or interest they react with condescension, derision, and a mocking attitude that only seeks to tear people down to their level.

I was raised to judge each person individually and I do that. I was raised to respect people's right to live their lives the way they see fit so long as it doesn't infringe on others and I do that. I get that the world is not a perfect place. I get that there are people who hate others simply because of their race or their gender or their religion. I get that that isn't really a good thing.

What I don't get is the amount of energy spent on all of this. You can't legislate feelings. You can't make people like each other and you shouldn't try. You should try to live your life with a certain degree of tolerance for all people what ever their beliefs may or may not be. This thread is a good example of how some people use religion and God as an excuse to act in a hateful way toward others, just for the sole reason of not agreeing with one's beliefs.

What disturbs me about the religion aspects of this debate is that a few radical religious individuals on here thinks everyone should accept and celebrate their beliefs not just tolerate them. I don't have to like anything about any group. This insistence that I celebrate your relationship with Jesus or celebrate your cultural crap is nonsense and just another way people try to impose their beliefs on you.

Go do your thing but stop waving your thing in my face and demanding that I am bigoted or racist or anti-whatever because I don't want to "celebrate" with you.

Content of character, not choice of religion or depth of faith is how I judge and relate to people.

nice to see you back posting enForcer between you and the new guy master of faster I feel both you guys should be commended on your civility.

I'm not sure if you may be coming off a time in your life that you don't understand someones energy on this subject.

"if what your living for isn't worth dieing for then it isn't worth living for"

I also don't want to insult you, but this is a place to come to (roo roo) with complete freedom. youre here because you want to be here....me too. we're guys (except brooke of course)and we like to be heard, wrestle whats right and win of course. you also have to look through all of the emotional ego to see the goal. we also fight boredom and tedium together, life is like that, this provides a connection we all long for to each other. I know it's a key board and monitor ,but thats the only superficial part of possible relationships. the real killer of any real relationship is lack of respect (I agree with you) and (maybe more important) lack of honesty. I think the internet is tough because you can kick the cat and the dog and not be held to any type of accountibility to each other. forgive me for getting semimental I just saw my granddaughter.

Edited by rkc

do you remember when I asked how it could be that animals are often polite and courteous to each other even though they have no religion?

ummm... they eat each other and their young ,they eat their own feces ,some are very clever like dolphins and apes ,but they have no soul . they are very very different ,they dont sin.why does evolution stop with us? why arent theyre super humans by now ,wheres the missing link?seems this happend a billion times over billions of years,should have one solid example instead of ancient monkey /ape bones ? with no ansewers for your science you might as well belive in tom cruises scientology bullshit. ~Religion:N ~a system of faith or worship ..... you have faith we came from pond scum ,so the evolution theory is your religion ... you are actually part of an organized religion that yo u despise so much .