Da Vinci Code

warwgn

And I still believe there is morality without religion.

this is where your faith lies "just because" the reason you can't answer me with any reason is that none exist with out authority ie: reason. the end result is you have more faith than me," all the evidence in the world can't convince the unwilling"

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you see you have it backwards "every design has a designer" the fact that if one billionth of the composite of the air changed on earth you fucking choke to death, the chance of a human being randomly being born figures out to some fucking infinite number, that means in a nut shell, we don't exist by chance, the chances of you hitting the lottery every day for the rest of your life are like a trillionth times greater, I have had a fish in a tank for three years and the fuckers yet to pop out and ask for a banana, some dipshit in the 1700's watched a caterpillar turn into a butterfly and assumed that's how we got here, in kindergarten some dickwad drew a picture of a circle with a fish a monkey and human in it and half you morons bought into the shit, as far as the rules go if im not mistaken some one has allways made up the rules.......... I would love to believe differently, im just

There isn't one single part on your Banshee that can take you for a ride by itself, but put them all together and its a different story.

It's impossible for a Banshee to take anybody for a ride. That's the point that everybody has been making to you but you don't realize it. You take the Banshee for a ride not the other way around. How is it with all the creatures in the world that you say evolved from the same big bang only one has the capability to make automobiles, computers, Banshee's, houses, beer, wine, condoms...?

Your entire train of thought is based on the logic that there must be a god "just because" this world couldn't exist without one. Not once have I made a point of "just because", maybe you're mixed up with the conversation you're having with the little people inside your head, lol, because I have no idea what the hell you're talking about anymore.

you misunderstood what I said I'll try to clear it up. I was responding to your comment that you believe in morality without religion, but you have yet to respond to my comments about relativism. so I put words in your mouth, you believe in right and wrong "just because" which is blind faith.

what happened to your civility. and no I'm not mixed up.

It's impossible for a Banshee to take anybody for a ride. That's the point that everybody has been making to you but you don't realize it. You take the Banshee for a ride not the other way around. How is it with all the creatures in the world that you say evolved from the same big bang only one has the capability to make automobiles, computers, Banshee's, houses, beer, wine, condoms...?

nice distinction ptt

You read too much into the comment and went right past the point, it was a simple analogy, some things don't work alone but work in a package to do something greater, thats all.

Why only one species has the ability to do those things is very simple, its survival of the fittest, we just adapted and evolved more quickly than the rest.

you misunderstood what I said I'll try to clear it up. I was responding to your comment that you believe in morality without religion, but you have yet to respond to my comments about relativism. so I put words in your mouth, you believe in right and wrong "just because" which is blind faith.

what happened to your civility. and no I'm not mixed up.

I'm still being quite civil, I think Blue Deuce is the one who needs a lesson in that department.

I believe right and wrong are just products of our society, our values are a representation of the opinions of the majority about how we should act. Deciding what is right and wrong is no different than deciding that the speed limit on the expressway will be 70 mph, a majority of people thought it was good idea and now it is a law that we follow, sometimes. The ideals are of right and wrong are just unwritten laws no different than any of our written laws, that simple, you could argue that some of our laws are based on religion but certainly not all of them, thank god. (pun intended)

Also, I must have missed or looked over your questions on relativism, and that is the only reason I did not repsond, if you would politely restate I would be happy to retort.

And, on the note of not answering each others questions, do you remember when I asked how it could be that animals are often polite and courteous to each other even though they have no religion?

Edited by Master of Faster

I believe right and wrong are just products of our society, our values are a representation of the opinions of the majority about how we should act.

before I respond I just need a little more clarity on what you believe.

do you believe in moral absolutes/universal truth's (what's morally wrong for you is morally wrong for me)

or do you believe the majority/group opinions should set the standards (relativism)

sorry I didn't answer the dog question, I didn't think you were serious.

before I respond I just need a little more clarity on what you believe.

do you believe in moral absolutes/universal truth's (what's morally wrong for you is morally wrong for me)

or do you believe the majority/group opinions should set the standards (relativism)

sorry I didn't answer the dog question, I didn't think you were serious.

I believe our standards have been set by the majority, some so strongly that they have been adopted as moral absolutes, such as not stealing and killing. I'm not sure how else I can be any more clear or maybe I'm missing the point of your question. Its easy to see really, think about how people acted a few hundred years back and then think about how we act today, our mindsets and morals have evolved, but religion hasn't changed.

Thats fine that you didn't answer the dog question, but why not now, it is a perfectly legitimate question.

...i never said i worship a thing...............sounds like maybe your ancestors were chimps but mine wernt..........

In your reply to me you said something like "who the F&@# are you, you wouldn't even have a "myself" if it weren't for a god" Which implied that I shouldn't be concerned about making my life better but rather I should just spend it thanking god, so I asked you if thats what you do and you took a few of my words out of context and came up with a lame reply, way to go. :thumbsup:

so your saying given the chance a goldfish could work for NASA?........

If goldfish had evolved the quickest of the species into an intellectual form like we are now then maybe they would have developed NASA and would be keeping humans as pets, but they didn't evolve to that extent so we keep them in bowls and they do not work for NASA, thats pretty easy to understand.

Edited by Master of Faster

Brooke why don't you condemn Blue Duece for his replies towards Mullet-man & master of faster? Let me guess, he wasnt being coy when he made his nasty uncalled for comments... or you just like to single me out. You say you don't know if there is a god or not. How bout your opinion ? You gotta be on one side or another.

Blue D, I still love ya man, but I think the same as Helldriver, I think... you think... this whole god thing is a buncha bullshit. :shrug: I mean everything you ever posted before this thread gave me the impression that you are not the slightest bit religious. I guess its hard to judge a person by what they write down on an internet forum :blush:

Brooke why don't you condemn Blue Duece for his replies towards Mullet-man & master of faster? Let me guess, he wasnt being coy when he made his nasty uncalled for comments... or you just like to single me out. You say you don't know if there is a god or not. How bout your opinion ? You gotta be on one side or another.

blue wasnt being coy at all, he was being pretty fucking direct. i can respect direct, i cant respect coy and passive aggressive. he says whats on his mind, he doesnt make underhanded comments here and there then explode out of the blue telliing people to fuck off and die, or whatever you said that time. theres a huuuge difference in what you do compared to what blue does.

and again, i dont know if there is a god or not. it would be nice if there is a god. but i really have no idea.

:whistling: I just like riling you up. :shrug: :biggrin:

And for the assmunch rtc who called me a coward, there are 11,000 members on this forum and less than a dozen members here have the balls to comment on this thread. You are defintly going straight to hell.

Id also like to know how I can make my case on this subject without sounding condesending ? The other sides rational is "theres a god somewhere out there that controls everything and made everything in all of space, he made it out of nothing and we gotta live good lives so we go to heaven and away from the fires of hell " How can one argue against that and not sound condesending ?? I asked simple questions that are frankly on a third grade level and the replies I got back were totally ridiculous. Frankly I think these religious folk are half crazy. And I mean that. Crazy. They kneel down and talk to invisible people asking them for forgivness and whatnot. They devote themselves to worshipping a concept that is completly baseless. If they would subsitute the word "god" with "bigfoot", they would throw these guys in the looney bin or arrest them for forming a cult.

also, just wanna say that I think most of the religious folk seem to be very nice people and I dont have any problem with them worshiping whatever they wanna worship.