fmf vs toomey

810darren

^ Is just about right, I personally like my FmF's. ? Dragged a similiar modded Shee with T5's and Beat himBy about a Bike lenght. My gearing was a little tall 16/41 i believe too.The Toomey has a better quality finish, People say the Toomey has more on top than the Fmf Fatty but I had experience with both and The toomey is not much more potent on top than the fattie. .

Does this mean your in the market for pipes,or do you already have one of the two.If you already have one keep them,not worth switching.If you are buying, Pro Circuits have a broader power band and rev 100 rpm faster than toomey T5s.Toomeys have better chrome,but cost more.Fmf rust easier,and have a harder hit in power,making you spin more.It all depends on what kind of riding you do.I have used them all and my favorite is the circuits. :cheers:

^lol...the famous dynos on toomys site where they show their pipes outperforming everyone elses...I wouldnt go by that at all. both fattys and t5's give you about the same horsepower gains...i'd take the fattys over t5's though for the trails, I rode a t5 bike in the trails and all I got was wheelspin everytime I hit it, with my uncles bike with the fatty's it was better to ride, not as much wheelspin, and the powerband came on easier and not that hard hit just as wallrat said. fatty and toomey almost have identical curves its just toomeys are shifted like 900 rpm's up more in the powerband.

look on the tommey site they show a dyno reeding for fmf and tommey t6 here the web site          http://www.toomey.com/image/FMF_lg.jpg

473343[/snapback]

:yank: What do you know, the "dyno chart" from Toomey has their pipes making more hp. banghead That chart was more than likely drawn in paint.

Just get a set of pipes, and you'll be happy.

For the sand I would say Toomey TR6 pipes, I explain why in another thread. For woods racing and I would say MX, I would go with the FMF Fatty.

RJV

For the sand I would say Toomey TR6 pipes, I explain why in another thread.  For woods racing and I would say MX, I would go with the FMF Fatty.

RJV

473440[/snapback]

the t6's are a good pipe unless you intend to port your shee-which is a must for proper sand slingin'-go with the t5's ya really cant miss.

I lOVE MY T5's!!!!!!!!! Toomey all the way for banshee at least

473579[/snapback]

only thing with the toomeys you get hasseled alot on the trails by the cops and in mich i heard to you cant go to the dunes with them inless you have the hush kit??? is that true and when you get the hush kit can you hook up the spark arrester thing to that so you only have to by one?