Description *Compression **Octane

Head w/16cc domes 210lbs 115 octane

Head w/17cc domes 200lbs 112 Octane

Head w/18cc domes 190lbs 110 octane

Head w/19cc domes 180lbs 105 octane

Head w/20cc domes 170lbs 98 octane

Head w/21cc domes 160lbs 91 octane

Head w/22cc domes 150lbs 91 octane

what is your altitude ?this has a huge effect on compression and wether or not you need race fuel.i've seen a shee run on pump gas with 220 pounds of compression at 3000 ft altitude and run just fine with no problems whatso ever .altitude also  has a  effect on hp.

466527[/snapback]

So do you recommend this for these BHQ riders? I don't think I would post something that defies all octane vs compression rules. You have some misinformation somewhere, I guarantee it. ;)

what is your altitude ?this has a huge effect on compression and wether or not you need race fuel.i've seen a shee run on pump gas with 220 pounds of compression at 3000 ft altitude and run just fine with no problems whatso ever .altitude also  has a  effect on hp.

466527[/snapback]

220 lbs at 3000 ft on pump gas thats a stretch

FYI

Description *Compression **Octane

Head w/16cc domes 210lbs 115 octane

Head w/17cc domes 200lbs 112 Octane

Head w/18cc domes 190lbs 110 octane

Head w/19cc domes 180lbs 105 octane

Head w/20cc domes 170lbs 98 octane

Head w/21cc domes 160lbs 91 octane

Head w/22cc domes 150lbs 91 octane

466464[/snapback]

i would only use this as a reference.It all depends how your engine is set up.I run 170 psi on 18 cc domes and 94 octane.The domes were recut which would allow up to 180psi still on pump gas.The squish is what dictates octane requirements.Every application is different.

ok i found that my compression tester was bunk. but i still need help....my left cylinder runs strong and sounds great but once i start it up and it idles for a minute the right cylinder goes out untill i rev it up and than it will kick back in. and when i choke it they both run good i can take the right plug off and it will start and run on only the left cylinder but it will not run on just the right cylinder i found my compression is about 20 pounds off between cylinders 150 in the right 170 in the left, i recently blew the left piston and had to rebuild the top end and now my right cylinder is low on compression. when took the top end apart the left piston had a hole through the top and the right cylinder looked excellent no problems at all. and now with new pistons and a cylinder hone's the left runs great and the rights got 20 pounds less compression...