hows the gas?

yamahakid1

i run the graydon setup with a 35mm PWK and get about 2.5hrs on a tank...i never had stockers on so i cant really compare, but i would think you use the same amount of fuel since every intake/compression stroke can onl;y take in so much fiel/air..unless you do engine(compression) mods the feeding system(carb) should put the same amount to the combustion chamber..basically i'm saying it should be the same as stock, or a little more, the benefits of the 2:1 setup are worth it

~Mark~

there have been plenty of 2into 1 carb convos. with the 35mm setup are u using more gas then you would with the stockers? i know its an old brought out question but can anyone with the setup tell me if it is worse on gas or not. thanks for any unbiased answers

460302[/snapback]

Are you running long races, scrambles or something? Otherwise, and I don't mean any offense by this, is gas usage a big concern? I can't imagine it would use a significant amount more fuel, and I don't ride my Banshee for fuel mileage, otherwise I'd be on a 4-poke. If you're looking for more bottom end, then the single carb seems to be the way to go, but still the performance advantage you would be seeking to gain would outweight the decrease in fuel economy, in my opinon.

Are you running long races, scrambles or something? Otherwise, and I don't mean any offense by this, is gas usage a big concern?  I can't imagine it would use a significant amount more fuel, and I don't ride my Banshee for fuel mileage, otherwise I'd be on a 4-poke.  If you're looking for more bottom end, then the single carb seems to be the way to go, but still the performance advantage you would be seeking to gain would outweight the decrease in fuel economy, in my opinon.

460553[/snapback]

Kinda what I was thinkin--I had the two in one setup and it really sucked the gas... But doesn't everything when you have it pinned all day :shrugani:

RIPPEN

Are you running long races, scrambles or something? Otherwise, and I don't mean any offense by this, is gas usage a big concern?  I can't imagine it would use a significant amount more fuel, and I don't ride my Banshee for fuel mileage, otherwise I'd be on a 4-poke.  If you're looking for more bottom end, then the single carb seems to be the way to go, but still the performance advantage you would be seeking to gain would outweight the decrease in fuel economy, in my opinon.

460553[/snapback]

Haulin' Ass = Suckin' Gas, live with it !