Brokeback Mountain

Call it religious influence on society if you want, but somehow I'm able to make good decisions and be a good person even though I don't have a book telling me how to do it or a carrot known as heaven dangling in front of me.

457642[/snapback]

That's love, wisdom and understanding...the things which make us human.

Peoples love is being made to grow cold though, through repeated attacks in news/media and etertainment. Those who allow their love to grow cold will suffer.

15Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 16And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19We love him, because he first loved us. 20If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Im not too surprised that this thread turned into a debate on organized religion. I'll throw in my 2 cents just for fun too.

Personally, I believe in some sort of God, although the bible is a book written by man with agendas. Then translated by more men with different agendas. They included what they wanted to include, and left out what they wanted to to serve their own purposes. Anyone that takes it as THE manual for how to live their life is ignorant IMO.

Now I've studied quite a bit of physics, and thats one of the things that might keep me believing that there is something out there. Most physicists believe in some sort of higher being, simply because the more they understand the universe, the more complex they realize it is. Maybe its not a god, but simply beings that have evolved beyond our wildest imagination. Who knows, but everything had to come from somewhere, so where did it come from? The big bang simply is a theory on how everything got where it is, but everything was already there for the big bang to work.

Believe in what you want though, thats one of the few freedoms that can't be taken from you.

Oh, and to add something about the queer cowboy movie, heres the box office stats for it from this past weekend:

Days in theaters: 31

Total theaters: 483 (up 214 from last week)

Average per theater: $11,856 (so high because its in so few theaters)

Total gross sales: $22,436,190

Hahahaha, its been out for a month, and has only totaled 22 million, :yank: yeah, thats one hell of a movie alright.

Oh I definately feel that religion serves a purpose for society. No doubt about that. I think the more comfortable your life becomes, the less you need to believe in a higher power. But ya, society wouldn't be where it is today if not for religion. And for the most part I mean that in a good way.

religon is worthless,,, look at all the wars it has caused ,, all the lives took becuase your religon is different than mine, all the people that have killed because god told them too, all the praying because youre to weak to deal with things on your own,a nd thinking jesus is gonna help you,, sorry but i cant and wont be apart of something that is made up bullshit,, the bible was a good story book, nothing more,,, sorry but there is no pearly gates, no heaven no white clouds,,, when you die you die, thats it, nothing more, nothinng less, i cant waste my precious time here, praying to a dead man hung on nails ,,, and why do all the different religions hate one another,, whos to say, your right and they are wrong? its all bullshit

all the preists that molest young children, hmm wonder if they will make the pearly gates?

Edited by helldriver

religon is worthless,,, look at all the wars it has caused ,, all the lives took becuase your religon is different than mine, all the people that have killed because god told them too, all the praying because youre to weak to deal with things on your own,a nd thinking jesus is gonna help you,, sorry but i cant and wont be apart of something that is made up bullshit,, the bible was a good story book, nothing more,,, sorry but there is no pearly gates, no heaven no white clouds,,, when you die you  die, thats it, nothing more, nothinng less, i cant waste my precious time here, praying to  a dead man hung on nails ,,, and why do all the different religions hate one another,, whos to say,  your right  and they are wrong?  its all bullshit

all the preists that molest young children, hmm wonder if they will make the pearly gates?

457729[/snapback]

Im not trying to start anything here and I respect your opinion but imagine for a second everything in the Bible is the truth. When judgement day comes and youre standing there being judged and you are sent into a lake of fire for eternity, what then? I know you believe there is no possible way that could happen but just try to imagine it for a second. I dont think "Damn" would sum up what you would be feeling at that moment. To me it just makes more sense to believe in a God and what the Bible says because whats the worst thats gonna happen? If it does turn out to be the truth then I get to spend eternity somewhere besides a lake of fire. Just a thought. :shrugani:

Im not trying to start anything here and I respect your opinion but imagine for a second everything in the Bible is the truth.  When judgement day comes and youre standing there being judged and you are sent into a lake of fire for eternity, what then?  I know you believe there is no possible way that could happen but just try to imagine it for a second.  I dont think "Damn" would sum up what you would be feeling at that moment.  To me it just makes more sense to believe in a God and what the Bible says because whats the worst thats gonna happen?  If it does turn out to be the truth then I get to spend eternity somewhere besides a lake of fire.  Just a thought.  :shrugani:

457875[/snapback]

Fuck a bunch of "lake of fire"... My main bitch is 95% of religion/churches are more corrupt than a used car salesmen from bumfuck, Oklahoma... What's with this "lake of fire" anyway.. doesn't everybody know that controlling by fear is the goverment's job :huh: ....

Mike

but BD asked how he got here, not how is religion a bad thing.

457581[/snapback]

thankyou Rat, i dont wanna hear abunch of crap about the christains, the mormans the budahs, the baptists, i wanna hear his spin on evolution or creation he sounds like he really knows his shit.......im just waiting to be informed

Im not trying to start anything here and I respect your opinion but imagine for a second everything in the Bible is the truth.  When judgement day comes and youre standing there being judged and you are sent into a lake of fire for eternity, what then?  I know you believe there is no possible way that could happen but just try to imagine it for a second.  I dont think "Damn" would sum up what you would be feeling at that moment.  To me it just makes more sense to believe in a God and what the Bible says because whats the worst thats gonna happen?  If it does turn out to be the truth then I get to spend eternity somewhere besides a lake of fire.  Just a thought.  :shrugani:

457875[/snapback]

:rotflmao: Yeah, Id thought about that idea too. But if you're just choosing one so on the off chance it might be right, how do you know which one to choose? Hell, what if hinduism is right (thats the reincarnation one right?). Then every single one of us is coming back as a dung beetle :rotflmao: Hey, maybe in the next life, there will be an HQ pile of crap that we'll all meet each other on. :rotflmao:

First I want to say that to be gay is not a chioce, a gay person could no more sleep with someone of the opposite sex than a straight person could sleep with someone of the same sex. Afterall think about it why would someone choose to be gay and be in a minority that tends to be looked at as an outcast and disgusting.

457521[/snapback]

being gay is a choice, you simply choose to suck dick or you dont, i was born wanting money but ive yet to rob a bank, people know homosexuality is wrong or they wouldnt have to come out of the closet, if we all just acted on our impulses wed have a pretty whacked out world, there's pettifiles who started molesting at age 7, they must have been born warped so everyone should just accept it, being gay is wrong otherwise it wouldnt sting when your pal fucked you in the ass, your crapper wasn't designed as an input its an exaust port, that whole "i was born gay" is bullshit, you have an impulse and you acted on it, just like being a drunk is a disease, right