Gain horsepower from pistons with ports?

01bansheefox

run whatever you want but I'm sticking with Weisco.

I'm skeptical on the strength of this pistons, ESPECIALY since they are ported.

And the eBay ad does not even say wether they are forged or cast, only that they are made in Germany...

Edited by Justintoxicated

If you want bigger power from intake ports go with vito's they are made by wiseco.

449052[/snapback]

But they are cast not forged and they are made to vitos specs not weisco's...

I hear you can gain a HP or 2 I doubt they would give you 8HP gain though, of course you would be a higher risk of piston failure due to the ports.

At least from listening to others that have tried it. Not sure on those specificaly but still...

Edited by Justintoxicated

But they are cast not forged and they are made to vitos specs not weisco's...

I hear you can gain a HP or 2 I doubt they would give you 8HP gain though, of course you would be a higher risk of piston failure due to the ports.

At least from listening to others that have tried it. Not sure on those specificaly but still...

449064[/snapback]

Actually Vitos has both pistons in either cast or forged. Wiseco makes their forged pistons. Not sure who makes the cast pistons.

i have heard of people having ported pistons crank and then the skirts break off...that doesnt sound like much fun to me. i dont think that for everyday normal riding whatever hp they claim could be worth possibly havin one break, then tearing up a crank or cylinder..

Loco yes Nates using the same pistons on his Cubs. Theres a reason.

Did you see the clip of his cub beating an 800cc snowmobile that won both the 800cc class and the liter class?

Man knows what he is doing thats for damn sure. I believe koolguyson from PS was the one riding the shee.