Steering stabalizer / Dampener

slimeball

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denton Racing makes the best out there. PEP's are worthless and i don't know of any other's on the market. Denton makes a standard non-rebuildable and adjustable or they make a rebuildable one also. The rebuildable IMO is not worth the money. I am trying to find a way to install 2 on my bike, one is not quite enough but a stock chassis banshee will do fine with one.

Look here for more info

I had a PEP on my current bike and there seemed to be no dampneing action what so ever so I replaced it thinking it was worn out but I got the same results out of a new one, plus the PEP's are nonadjustable. As far as the rebuildable ones I guess if you ride enough it may wear out but I have never worn one out so the extra 20 bucks or so just doesn't seem worth it IMO.

The GPR's are very nice but very pricey also. The Denton goes for around 130.00 and I believe the GPR's are in the neighborhood of 300 to 500 range.

447078[/snapback]

I guess we have different opinions. I've tried both Denton and PEP (which is adjustable and rebuildable). I wasn't happy with the Denton, but that was probably because it needed rebuilt. In no way am I saying Denton's are "worthless", I think they're just as nice of a product as PEP, as long as they're both rebuildable. I've heard of people having to rebuild their stabilizers twice a year (Denton's and PEP). Buying a rebuildable one will be worth it in the long run.

There's no way in hell I'd say Denton's are the nicest thing money can buy. If I had the cash, I'd go w/GPR.

Denton Racing makes the best out there. PEP's are worthless and i don't know of any other's on the market. Denton makes a standard non-rebuildable and adjustable or they make a rebuildable one also. The rebuildable IMO is not worth the money. I am trying to find a way to install 2 on my bike, one is not quite enough but a stock chassis banshee will do fine with one.

Look here for more info

Edited by Blue Duece

actually scotts make the best one, its ajustable on the fly, but its 500 bucks, i threw my denton away for the scotts, ive slammed stumps on trails at 40 mph with my right tire and not have the bars yanked outta my hands i can let go of the bars on the top of sixth with no head shake, makes crossing the desert pinned a breeze, if i could only have one mod i think that would be it

448121[/snapback]

Damn, my shee didn't come with a bottle opener. :cheers:

Duece how does the Denton compare to the Scotts? For the average pennyless recreational rider? Is the Scotts so good that the Denton is not worth the money?

Damn, my shee didn't come with a bottle opener. :cheers:

Duece how does the Denton compare to the Scotts? For the average pennyless recreational rider? Is the Scotts so good that the Denton is not worth the money?

448243[/snapback]

ya never know when your gonna have to crack a bottle................yeah i do think the scotts is so good i wouldnt waste the cash on the denton, i found the denton on its best day didnt touch the scotts, it has a constant three way damping, and you can adjust it on the fly as you ride, no rebuilding it, the denton reminds of those pistons my mom had on the screen door that kept it from slamming, the denton fucks with your steering feels shitty, the scotts is smooth as silk...if your pennyless your just plain fucked man, but if you want a serious auto pilot for you shee scotts is it...............i can no bullshit be wide open and just let go of the bars ...no head shake, doesnt veer at all, you can back it off for smooth stuff and crank it down for whoops and ruts all while your riding...........

ya never know when your gonna have to crack a bottle................yeah i do think the scotts is so good i wouldnt waste the cash on the denton, i found the denton on its best day didnt touch the scotts, it has a constant three way damping, and you can adjust it on the fly as you ride, no rebuilding it, the denton reminds of those pistons my mom had on the screen door that kept it from slamming, the denton fucks with your steering feels shitty, the scotts is smooth as silk...if your pennyless your just plain fucked man, but if you want a serious auto pilot for you shee scotts is it...............i can no bullshit be wide open and just let go of the bars ...no head shake, doesnt veer at all, you can back it off for smooth stuff and crank it down for whoops and ruts all while your riding...........

449081[/snapback]

Cool that's what I needed to know :notworthy:

I don't see why everyone thinks the scotts is SO EXPENCIVE :shootself:

you'll put thousands into a stroker motor

a grand into the shocks

300~ 400 in powder coating stuff

700ish in pipes

200ish for tag bars

....ect.

but 430 for a stabilizer is just crazy :yank:

granted it is more then others but you get what you pay for. It's like comparing Elka's to Works. Both do the job but one does it better.

:cheers: