Steering stabalizer / Dampener

slimeball

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like I always say

power don't mean shit if you can't use it :D

I have a buddy that has a ton of money into his quad but cant go fast because none of it is suspention and he's the first one to hit the brakes for bumps while the rest of us pass him :D

like I said before, get what you can afford because you'll never ride a atv or dirtbike after you've tryed one with it

I had a pep one and had no problems at all with it. Only complaint was that I wish it was adjustible because when just cruisin slow it would of been nice to turn down. But when haulin ass over the rough stuff it was nice :D

next time I'llbe getting a Scott

:cheers:

• 1 month later...
i buy NHK cartridge.....same as denton 7 way adjustable and lot of other company that only put there clamp and sticker on it...... but i do my own clamp and paid only 70$ for it... take a look : www.proflo.com/proflo_steering_damper.htm

470482[/snapback]

I found the correct link. http://www.pro-flo.com/proflo_steering_damper.htm

Edited by PUSH THE THROTTLE

Hey blue,

are you running a stock stem and clamp or aftermarket?

I just got off the phone with scotts and he is saying it wont work with an aftermarket stem and clamp. I am also running Tag 2 fat bars..different clamp all together.

you stated that drilling holes in the clamp might be an option. Id hate to spend 5 bills and not have it come out.

also, i was just talking to a mechanic. and he was saying that he has seen where the resi's with the dampner is too much, and you need the dampner on the top. just easier.

anyone have a problem installing their DENTON's with remote resi's?

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know yet. Once I got it installed, I found out that the Janssen +1+, I have to clear the IMS 5.6 tank is not compatable with the mount they sent me. So they are engineering me a new one.

basically my stem is 1 inch forward, and their mount isnt. so Randy, the guy that designed the banshee mounts is working with me to get it installed and working.

the last I heard from him, they were just gonna bust me out a new mount. so we will see.

KICK ASS company EH?

I will let ya all know once Im able to use it. I will get a pic of it installed so ya all can check it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Randy from GPR called me back. I guess they cant make a mount for the +1 stem. says that if I hit a big enough bump that I will break the mounting bolts.

I had to use it, so I modified it myself. I ran it in my race this last weekend and took a 1st place finish in the first moto. Lost my tranny on the last lap and ended up running the second moto with only 3rd and 4th gears.

Not exactly a photo start with 3rd gear in the mud. LOL.

Anyway, the GPR worked great. I really think I can give my 1st place finish to my new suspension, and stabalizer.

the thing is freakin awesome, and I was adjusting it while I was racing. Way easy to adjust.

Hey blue,

are you running a stock stem and clamp or aftermarket?

471659[/snapback]

damm knight im sorry man i just now saw your post, yeah i use a stock stem, i have a shee with the lsr stem and your right the scotts wont bolt up to it without some mods, im glad to see you got it happening........

i think the dampeners work like i said before, like a screen door with that piston that slows down its return, its a preastoric design, i found that i faught the denton,the scotts soon became my ace in the hole for reel rutty terrain, having the control right on your bars is priceless, on a two wheeler you have the "up and down" on a quad you have the up and down and side to side, with a good stabilizer the side to side is so slight you fell like your on a 2 wheeler, that scotts on a CR is heaven........ a two wheeler with that stabilizer makes it feel like your riding on bumpy pavement

Edited by Blue Duece

I think you meant to say....what do those dampners do? so I will answer that question.

basically the dampners are mounted onto your steering stem, eleviating the shock you get from bumps, ruts, roots, ect. You have shocks on your bike that soak up the force from the ground. but you dont have any shocks for the side to side movement that your tires make. picture hitting a stump at 10 miles an hour. it just might rip the bars outta your hands. cuz you dont have shocks for your steering.

untill you put a dampner on it. then when you hit a stump, the force goes to the dampner instead of your arms.

Also, crank up the stabilizer and it will take all the vibe outta your bars, and keep it in a straight line. the GPR goes up to 8....im on the 2nd setting. but in my desert race on the straights I will definitely be cranking it up.

Another thing. I just ran my first XC race with it on the shee. It was 4 laps at 1.5 mile track. I got off with no arm pump, and very little fatigue. Oh ya...I placed 1st outta 12 in the first moto, and 2nd in the second moto.

I have to contribute that win to my new suspension and stabilizer.

good products.

• 3 months later...

http://www.bareperformance.com/shop/produc...products_id=114

elka made a amazing one and it hit stores august 15th.

Edited by ThE_BaNsHeE_mAn88