Steering stabalizer / Dampener

slimeball

Elka is obviously seeing the money Precision is making and decided to jump on the market. I dont think I would change out my GPR. Now that I have used it in many races, and several rides, I have become used to changing it on the fly. Being able to adjust it from one extreme to the other is ideal in desert racing. Considering you have no idea what your terrain is going to be. I see they also bumped the price up to 545. precision raised the bar with their 500 price. the next company to bring one out will be for 585.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denton Racing makes the best out there.

Look here for more info http://www.dentonracing.com/products/steering.php

denton completly fucking blow, at 150 bucks its a waste of cash belly up and get the scotts 500 bucks but auto pilot for the shee, adjust on the fly, 3 diferent adjustments to the gpr copies one .......hell i got a denton ill give ya

there not all mounted to your stem ripper most bolt to your chassis, elka copied scotts, scotts been making the kill stabilizer since the earlie 80's, thats why there 500 bucks.......endorced by all the desert pro's, ive been through a few dentons, over all worthless........

Edited by Blue Duece

denton completly fucking blow, at 150 bucks its a waste of cash belly up and get the scotts 500 bucks but auto pilot for the shee, adjust on the fly, 3 diferent adjustments to the gpr copies one .......hell i got a denton ill give ya

there not all mounted to your stem ripper most bolt to your chassis, elka copied scotts, scotts been making the kill stabilizer since the earlie 80's, thats why there 500 bucks.......endorced by all the desert pro's, ive been through a few dentons, over all worthless........

man ill take that denton steering stablelizer. :baseball_w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

Now wait just a minute...compared to nothing ... denton or any dampner would work. And work good. Hell, it will take alot of pressure off your whole body. What blue is saying is that your money is better spent when purchasing a more expensive dampner/stabalizer, in the LONG RUN.

I just saved up the cash. I had 200 cash for a dampner...and decided to save more and get the better product. I do know that the pro's run precisions...and they wont advertise them because precision wont sponsor them. give them up for free basically. Id admire that in a company. specially when pro's would rather spend the money....than get a DENTON for free.

I would say save and get the shocks. Although...I wouldnt buy elka's....being that Im TCS sponsored im kinda one sided on suspension. TCS has been...for me one of my better purchases. but then again...I like the small shop mentality you get with TCS...versus big name brand no support like elka. Plus...not that Im racist or anything...cuz Im not....but they are canadian. And I like stuff that says MADE IN THE USA!

anyway...back to the topic.

Shocks first...because banshee stock suspension SUX, and you will just beat your stabilizer to death on stock suspension.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have scotts on my mx bikes and a stage 5 elka on my banshee.Worth every cent.I like the low mount on the elka because it will work with stock or aftermarket posts.Gets the weight down low,and the high and low speed adjustment flat out rock's.

By now he's either got one or he's never gonna have one because this thread is about 4 years old

• 2 weeks later...

where can i find the scotts or gpr stabilizer i looked on there sites and didnt see one listed for the shee, i think this is going to be my next mod after my front end conversion, and suspension so im looking for prices and kits available for our bikes, all i hear is good about stabilizers, i remember having the bars ripped out of my hands when i was younger on my shee, and i want to avoid that now