Why is my banshee so slow?

mattw204

Hi .... i used to own a kx250 and i sold it and got a banshee..... why is this thing soooo slow compared to my dirtbike.... even the top end seems slow

437440[/snapback]

Any stock banshee is going to be slow. You are comparing apples to oranges. Stock vs. stock of course your dirtbike is going to be faster thats pretty much common sense. In order for your banshee to be fast your are going to have to put some money into it. I see KX 500's get smoked all the time at the sand dunes by banshees. A banshee will go as fast as your wallet is deep. As far as the yfz 450 goes from what I have seen they are faster and have more torque than a stock banshee but put a set of pipes and k&n's on your banshee and do the same on your yfz and prepare to get your ass roosted by a banshee. Just my .02

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got both - yfz450 and banshee., i think my yfz would take the shee, especaily when i put my 460 kit and 44 lectron on it. but the banshee is fast.... i just ordered some new tires for the yfz, we will see how they compair with equal traction..  :bolt:

437705[/snapback]

That could be the case. All I ride is sand dunes and at the dunes there is no comparison between a slightly modified banshee and a slightly modified yfz. Depending on what kind of terrain you ride that could be the difference.

yea modifying a 500 is cheap good idea, stick with that idea :yank: . It'll be on ebay when you get smoked.  :cheers:

437772[/snapback]

The only reason a banshee could ever beat a KX 500 in a sand dune is becuase it gets better traction in sand.

Drag race on pavement or down a dirt road and the banshee is gonna get raped unless it has nitros or something along those lines.

To answer the question about a 500 KX vs a 250 KX, yes, its ALOT faster. About 25 MPH faster top speed and ALOT more overall power, even on the low end. It will accelerate much faster than the 250, especially in the higher gears, it will wheelie better, and it will spin better.

I would just buy a 500. A stock 500 will smoke pretty much anything in a REAL drag race (I'm talking pavement or dirt road, not a sand dune or mx track thats full of jumps and sharp turns, etc.)

i think theres a few banshees on here that will take a 500. they probably dont have nitrous. if youve got some cubs, some pipes, and a good port job i would think you could walk all over the 500s. i think locos bike makes around 80 hp without any nitrous and its not a full drag setup or anything. race any 500s lately loco?

i think theres a few banshees on here that will take a 500.  they probably dont have nitrous. if youve got some cubs, some pipes, and a good port job i would think you could walk all over the 500s.  i think locos bike makes around 80 hp without any nitrous and its not a full drag setup or anything.  race any 500s lately loco?

437844[/snapback]

depends on where ur racing. really..

street--banshee gonna get a better launch and prolly win the race..

dirt--more traction for banshee so prolly win there too

sand--more tractionfor banshee so win there too

hillclimb is different story especially on dirt..bone stock 500 is gonna eat even a 4mm banshee up most of the time.

my dads got a stock cr500 and it wont hang with my banshee anywhere..

depends on where ur racing. really..

street--banshee gonna get a better launch and prolly win the race..

dirt--more traction for banshee so prolly win there too

sand--more tractionfor banshee so win there too

hillclimb is different story especially on dirt..bone stock 500 is gonna eat even a 4mm banshee up most of the time.

my dads got a stock cr500 and it wont hang with my banshee anywhere..

437864[/snapback]

Hmmmmm I think it depends on the driver too. Just my KX 250 smokes my friends banshee. Both machines are stock.

You can get a decent luanch on pavement with a 500 if you sit on the gas tank when you start off.

Also, a KX 500 does about 100 mph stock. I don't see how a banshee can beat it. That, and it weighs half as much as the banshee.

You guys must have some really sick banshee's or something lol. Let me drive em sometime :P

I bet you can't wheelie it as good as a KX 500 though :P