Why is my banshee so slow?

mattw204

your obviously one of these uninformed kids whose never rode a highly modded banshee and thinks that a 500 single is the fastest thing rolling ,well i got news for you ,its not !!!theres probably hundreds of banshees on this site that would crush a modded 500 dirtbike ,its not all engine size friend :rolleyes: we dont need 500cc when we can redline ! 12,000rpm and accelerate violently through the gears .and in straight lines 4 wheels can track the ground bette rthan 2 .a 500cc motor makes liek 55-60 rwhp many of these shes on here break over 100rwhp ,nowadays fast(as in drag racing) has a whole new meaning and the dirtbikes arent it :bolt:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't get it do you?

A stock Banshee is only like 35 HP RW due to the restrictors in the pipes.

A Piped Banshee is about 45 HP RW

A stock Dirtbike 250 2 stroke is close 45 something horsepower RW without any mods and weighs less.

Now a Stroked and Ported Banshee with Cubs can be over 100HP on pump gas.

Dirtbikes are cool, but damn if I'll ever choose one over a quad in the dunes... Thats ALOT of work and COMPLEATLY different kind of ride.

Hell my truck has over 300 HP and will do well over 100 , but I'm not going to go smashing through the dunes in it!

I don't think a 500 is going to give you the ride yoru looking for but I might be wrong, I would stick with the 250 myself. It does not sound like a banshee is for you.

Edited by Justintoxicated

Mr 2000SHEESMINE your an idiot....i have experience on dirtbikes and i bet my old 250 would smoke your butt because i actually knew how to drive a dirtbike....knowing how to drive a dirtbike is just as important as the horse power it makes and obviously the people you raced didnt know how to drive......... AND YES THEY WILL HIT CLOSE TO 100 MPH....

ok the whole point is mods cost alot so......if your a poor man and like to go fast get a dirtbike...if your a rich SOB and like to go fast get a banshee

437984[/snapback]

Like I said different kind of riding. I'll bet you woudl be done for the weekend after a few long dune rides at glais on a 500, thats alot of bike to muscle around teh big bowls.

If you want to race on the street get a crotch rocket not a 500.

quote=mattb348,Nov 15 2005, 08:13 PM]I can't beleive you gave up a 250 motocross bike for a banshee.

Don't get me wrong, I DO have a banshee, but I also have a KX 250 and a KX 500, and I like them WAYYYYYY better than the banshee, especially the KX 500.

Just a 250 motocross bike will smoke a banshee easy, wheelie better, spin better, and accelerate faster. The only thing it wont have is the top speed of the banshee, but it wont be much slower top speed wise.

You could always get a KX 500 and easily smoke ANYTHING as far as 4 wheelers/bikes, no matter wtf they have for (practicle) mods. The only thing that will stand a chance will be another 500cc motocross bike :)

437608[/snapback]

A banshee will smoke a 500 when you put trinity racings 610 big bore kit on it or maybe if you had this quad trinity[

Edited by 99Banshee

I can't beleive you gave up a 250 motocross bike for a banshee.

Don't get me wrong, I DO have a banshee, but I also have a KX 250 and a KX 500, and I like them WAYYYYYY better than the banshee, especially the KX 500.

Just a 250 motocross bike will smoke a banshee easy, wheelie better, spin better, and accelerate faster. The only thing it wont have is the top speed of the banshee, but it wont be much slower top speed wise.

You could always get a KX 500 and easily smoke ANYTHING as far as 4 wheelers/bikes, no matter wtf they have for (practicle) mods. The only thing that will stand a chance will be another 500cc motocross bike :)

437608[/snapback]

This will beat it Trinity Banshee 910cc

mattb348 & mattw204

have you looked at the name at the top of the page it says banshee hq if think banshees suck so much why don't you sell yours to some one who knows what to do with it. find a dirt bike forum and go :yank: each other off there about how fast you think 500s are. If you want to make your bashees fast ask some real questions there are lots of very knowledgeable guys here that might still help make you make you machines fly. well thats the end of my little rant.

Since when do we drive dirtbikes?? :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Mr    2000SHEESMINE    your an idiot....i have experience on dirtbikes and i bet my old 250 would smoke your butt because i actually knew how to drive a dirtbike....knowing how to drive a dirtbike is just as important as the horse power it makes and obviously the people you raced didnt know how to drive......... AND YES THEY WILL HIT CLOSE TO 100 MPH....

437980[/snapback]

Word :headbang::headbang:

mattb348 & mattw204

have you looked at the name at the top of the page it says banshee hq if think banshees suck so much why don't you sell yours to some one who knows what to do with it. find a dirt bike forum and go  :yank:  each other off there about how fast you think 500s are. If you want to make your bashees fast ask some real questions there are lots of very knowledgeable guys here that might still help make you make you machines fly. well thats the end of my little rant.

438017[/snapback]

My banshee is stock i'm 275lbs and when I learned how to whip this puppy it hauls enough to scare me, lol. My filter is basically falling apart too haha.. k&ns soon.. anyways. I really don't see the need to upgrade mine after stock either.. lol it hauls fast enough for me now.. never rode a dirtbike before well once when I was 16 and I popped the cluth and it pretty much flipped me LOL. Now I stay on atleast 4 wheels. like woah :bolt: