A couple friends of mine just got a 450R and I told them they should go with the YFZ 450 but they got them and Im supposed to go riding with them tommorow. We shall see what happens but they think they can beat me.... I am bored 20 over with a single carb, 2:1 pipe, and pro design cool head.

cant wait to go riding with em :headbang:

A couple friends of mine just got a 450R and I told them they should go with the YFZ 450 but they got them and Im supposed to go riding with them tommorow.  We shall see what happens but they think they can beat me....  I am bored 20 over with a single carb, 2:1 pipe, and pro design cool head.

cant wait to go riding with em :headbang:

390330[/snapback]

my piped and cammed 450r takes my buddies mild ported, single carb, Coolheaded, Paul Turner piped banshee regularly. We're pretty close actually but I can get the launch every time and can usually stay in front unless I miss my shifts a little. By the time he's hitting 6th gear, he'll usually start gaining a little ground. If he gets a perfect launch on perfect turf, we're pretty even.

I haven't been able to saddle up my banshee and 450r at the same time to compare, one of these days I'll get him on mine to see how it compares.

the new yfz are up to 449cc instead of 439cc like the last 2 yrs (i believe). they r suppose to have longer steering stems, better seat and a new tire design

My banshee is just piped and I was racing a piped '05 YFZ450 over the weekend.. I was spanking him everytime (until the shee started getting hot, then i started suckin big time), i am thinking he wasnt the greatest rider because with my SST's I was taking him outa the hole each time which I really wasnt expecting. Those YFZ450's are fast.. even the 439cc.