Truck Help!

I need any advice out there! I have a 2000 Ford F150 5.4 and it stopped running about three weeks ago. It was running fine and then the next morning it didn't start! It is cranking over fine but it just won't start! I replaced the fuel pump, the fuel pump relay, a couple sensors, and another sensor inside the cams. My father in law is a mechanic and thought that's what it was but we have had no luck! It is definetly something electric but we can't figure out what! If anyone knows what it might be or knows of a good ford website to help me out please respond!!!! Thanks!!! :cheers: This is driving me Crazy!!!

I need any advice out there! I have a 2000 Ford F150 5.4 and it stopped running about three weeks ago. It was running fine and then the next morning it didn't start! It is cranking over fine but it just won't start! I replaced the fuel pump, the fuel pump relay, a couple sensors, and another sensor inside the cams. My father in law is a mechanic and thought that's what it was but we have had no luck! It is definetly something electric but we can't figure out what! If anyone knows what it might be or knows of a good ford website to help me out please respond!!!! Thanks!!! :cheers: This is driving me Crazy!!!

342068[/snapback]

are you throwing a check engine light? if so what is the code and the code number. should be a number like po1111 or something like that. you could have a million things but what diagnostics have you done so far is it getting spark, is the fuel pump running and if so whats the fuel pressure at? check that stuff out and lemme know, we'll get it running

by the way have you checked the emergency fuel shut off switch in the right side lower kick panel in the cab? make sure that the button is pushed in.

what engine? 4.6 or 5.4? anyways if its a gas burner more than likely if youe not starting check your fire, if its not firing your crank shaft position sensor could be bad.

guess i should have read the first line, 5.4

Edited by cb67rs1

screw ford and chevy, go buy a toyota!! in fact we pulled out two very stuck trucks today..one was chevy pickup and the other was a bronco II!! with out land cruiser, a few thinsg is has is a 350chev(yeah i know..), 38.5" swampers, air lockers, etc..buy a totoyta next time!!

~Mark~

Its a ford..Build for tough my ass  :yank:  what do you expect? Litsen to Banshee~ and get a god damned CHEVY! *Like a rock*  banghead

342087[/snapback]

*Like a rock* exactaly, won't move till you push it.

*Like a rock* exactaly, won't move till you push it.

342138[/snapback]

shit, ford and toyota, circled problems from the very beginning. BOWTIES ALL THE WAY!!!

screw ford and chevy, go buy a toyota!! in fact we pulled out two very stuck trucks today..one was chevy pickup and the other was a bronco II!! with out land cruiser, a few thinsg is has is a 350chev(yeah i know..), 38.5" swampers, air lockers, etc..buy a totoyta next time!!

~Mark~

342118[/snapback]

my ford pinto will go threw anything your little toyota will :rotflmao:

allright im going to stop, sorry I hijacked your post :ph34r:

you need to hook up a scan tool to see if there is a code like the one guy said. you can put 25 sensors on and not get it right unless you scan it.

sounds like a crank or cam sensor. they must time the ignition system so it will start

Ok let me tell u ford sucks! My dad owns a 96? ford f150 and it is a peice. Just for the hell of it i will tell u ford can stand for a million things like found.on.road.dead. flip.over.re.do. and f*cked.on.race.days. When my dad got his truck later on the top end went and had to redo it all himself becuase his warrenty just ended. He did everything and still no luck of getting it running. He found out he had a bad vacume leak as one problem and his o2 censors were bad too With his top end. After all this was done he spent well over 1000 on getting it fixed and still runs like crap. I suggest once you get it fixed sell it and get a GMC i have heard great things about them.

Ok let me tell u ford sucks! My dad owns a 96? ford f150 and it is a peice. Just for the hell of it i will tell u ford can stand for a million things like found.on.road.dead.  flip.over.re.do.  and f*cked.on.race.days. When my dad got his truck later on the top end went and had to redo it all himself becuase his warrenty just ended. He did everything and still no luck of getting it running. He found  out he had a bad vacume leak as one problem and his o2 censors were bad too With his top end. After all this was done he spent well over 1000 on getting it fixed and still runs like crap. I suggest once you get it fixed sell it and get a GMC i have heard great things about them.

342285[/snapback]

sounds like your dad was under qualified to do the job and didn't do it right. i have a 97 f150 , previously had a 96 silverado ,and i am a mechanic at a shop where we work on everything. and fords, chevys all have their problems .both makes are good if you take care of them and fix them when they break (chevys are much easier to work on)

common problems with silverado and f150

ford f150 - bad about vacume leaks , o2 sensors, mass air flow and iac valves getting dirty. and dpfe sensors going out

chevrolet- staters, battery bolts and spacers, water pumps, lower intake manifold coolant leaks, and fuel pumps