Why's everyone jumping ship?

SICK BOY

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's my logic for getting rid of my banshee :cry: for a 4 stroke... i traded mine for a 400ex with a yz400 motor :bolt: and tons of after market.. now my banshee had alot of after market stuff to but the reality is that since it was an 87 ppl do not wanna pay much for it bangheadbanghead .. so i say i traded up cus the 4 poke i got will sell and is worth alot more then my banshee... and i also have in mind that i can pick up a banshee anyday of the week for around 2000 :whoa: you can't pick up a race ready quad for that... so in the future i will be getting another banshee.. my old one was a sacraficail l(spelling) lamb to get the 4 poke i have now.... and it makes it better that my bro has a banshee so i can get the banshee fix anytime i want.... just my 3 cents....

I'd like to see a shee engine in a yfz frame!

284005[/snapback]

There everywhere, there called BANSHEES!

I ride both 450's everytime I ride and I'll deffinetly wait for yamaha to come out with something else. 4 strokes have came a long way but not far enough for me. The fun factor is at a minimum.

I'll Never be w/out a Banshee. They are just way too fun. My Buddys all have 4 strokes. 1 has a YFZ the other has a 450R and an other has a Predator. NONE of them kicks as much Roost as the ol banshee can.

I dont get Yamaha though, their 2005 YZs are now top of the line bikes, with better power to weight ratios then the 4 strokes now. Im sure they will be kicking ass with those YZs why not put some new tech into the banshee.

2strokes 4 life :headbang::cheers:

The Banshee stays! I don't care if I'm broke -I'll work more. I don't care if I'd like a 450 and can't afford it-I'll save up for it before I sell the shee.

And last, I hate this bad reputation the Banshee has acquired for being a high maintenance ride that requires a rebuild every winter. Before I had one I had that fear of it -crazy.

I ride the hell out of it but I keep up and take care of it. I've rode all kinds of 4strokes and have yet to ride one that is as much fun.

:bolt:

i gotta tell ya man, i just got my shee and i am already putting a new crank , and new cylinder sleeve's in it. i love the way it rides but they seem to give ALOT of problems.

i am gonna put it back together and hope i don't get anymore problems out of it for a while. if i do i may get rid of it and get a 250r or something else

i gotta tell ya man, i just got my shee and i am already putting a new crank , and new cylinder sleeve's in it. i love the way it rides but they seem to give ALOT of problems.

i am gonna put it back together and hope i don't get anymore problems out of it for a while. if i do i may get rid of it and get a 250r or something else

284044[/snapback]

You must be doing something wrong. I never have problems with my banshee, and I ride the motherfucker hard. I dunno, just doesnt seem right that you should be having so many problems. :confused:

here's my logic for getting rid of my banshee  :cry: for a 4 stroke...  i traded mine for a 400ex with a yz400 motor :bolt:  and  tons of after market.. now  my banshee  had alot of after market stuff to  but the reality is that since it was an 87 ppl do not wanna pay much for it banghead  banghead ..  so  i say i traded up cus the 4 poke i got will sell and is worth alot more then my banshee...  and i also have in mind that i can pick up a banshee anyday of the week for around 2000  :whoa:  you can't pick up a race ready  quad for that...  so in the future i will be getting another banshee..  my old one was a sacraficail l(spelling) lamb to get the 4 poke i have now.... and it makes it better that my bro has a banshee so i can get the banshee fix anytime i want.... just my 3 cents....

284014[/snapback]

correct me if i'm wrong, but a yz 400 is a 2 stroke, at least the one i had in my 250r was. so your not really riding a 4 stroke.

i wish i never sold that one, but i needed money. that was the fastest quad i ever owned.

Yes the yz400f is a 4-stroke, that's what Doug Henry rode back in the day when Yamaha first brought it out, they later punched the displacement up to 450 (and what 439 in the yfz450), same basic motor.

I'll die happy if my Banshee is the last quad I own. I don't envy dirt bikes and I don't pity 4-strokes heh, I like what I got and shee's good to me. I could care less who can't handle one, ride what ya want...

You must be doing something wrong. I never have problems with my banshee, and I ride the motherfucker hard. I dunno, just doesnt seem right that you should be having so many problems.

I agree,in the 3+ years I've ownd my 01' I have had no problems to report.Its pushing close to 120 hrs on the original top-end and the compression is still way above specs for that many hours(130psi w/milled head).Its gotten a little noisy when its cold,so I'm gonna throw some new pistons in it this spring.

I have probably replaced every bearing and bushing on the frame and new rotors and brakes,but the engine has never given me any troubles(with the occassional fuel leak from the carbs).I had such good luck wih my first shee,that I bought another one,an 87' and restored it totally.

Banshees do require a lot more maintenance,but so does any quad thats "actually ridden"

Its easy to blame the design of the machine for its faults,but did you ever think that maybe th design is good and your the fault?Obviously some of you are just not mechanically inclined,so you blame the design

Edited by Nightrider

Last rebuild on my '87 was 1996 still 120psi compression both cylinders. I've busted just about everything else because I use my Banshee to the fullest of its ability. As I say I need to break something so I know what to replace next.

As for the 4 strokes that I have had and have had they are money pits I can do all the maintenance in the world but if I ride them like I ride my Banshee something is always needing fixed, melted pistons and everything.

I will add more 4 strokes but the Banshee will always be my favorite and my only if it comes to that.

Also I can't name one person who has gone out and bought a 4 stroke after riding my Banshee everybody has bought 2 strokes.