Will a mag light break? Need for defense

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you bought the 5 cell or bigger, its just gonna work against you in defense. Thats like taking a baseball bat to a fight. You better hit that person your swinging at that first time, because if you dont, its all over. It takes time after you swing to slow the bat or in your case flashlight down, and gives all the time in the world to get your shots in.

I had someone come at me with a bat once, he swung once.....and never got back up off the ground afterward. I was going to beat him with his own bat, but I just took it as a souveneir instead.

Personally, I have a 3 cell in my truck sitting inbetween my center console and my seat. Their good to have for at night, because if you ever have to use it you can turn it on and put the light in their eyes and they'll never see it coming.

I got a 5-cell one. Its been dropped down stairs, off the roof onto the driveway, etc, and is still on its original bulb miraculously. Fantastic flashlights. Only thing that sucks is that the lens eventually gets scratched up -- anyone know if they sell replacements?

errrr nevermind.. I just went to their website and you can get all the parts for 'em online. Like $1.60 for a lens..haha :D plus like $4 shipping prolly

Edited by nater006

i bought a $6 imitation 5 cell one a while ago, its been used a a flash light/ baseball bat (in all the destructive ways u can use a bat. . .) and only bewl out a few bulbs

Yeah, I love mag lites. The little ones do work to your advantage better than the longer ones like . said. I have a 3 cell, and I have knocked some people out with it with one hit. Unless you're like 7ft the bigger ones would be harder to use than a smaller one. And to rjvoight, I don't think it's your position to tell him what career he should or shouldnt have. Everyone has done something dumb at one point in their life, and at the end of that post he said that he learned a lesson from that experience. He doesn't come to your work and tell you that you can't do what you're doing.

Hahahaha.. I'm just thinking about that movie, "National Security"..

"...and here's your pouch of quarters so you can call the real police when something happens.."

:rotflmao:

how about friday after next. " here are your whisles" " if you see any bad guys just blow" toot toot" :rotflmao:

seriously. i would love nothing more than to put your ass in jail. becoming a cop. :wacko: i would have no bones about taking that flashlight of yours and beating you senceless with it.

And to rjvoight, I don't think it's your position to tell him what career he should or shouldnt have. Everyone has done something dumb at one point in their life, and at the end of that post he said that he learned a lesson from that experience. He doesn't come to your work and tell you that you can't do what you're doing.

Look, we all hold police at a higher standard. We demand more from them and when they fail, they get crucified. Personally, I don't want someone who lied to the cops, ran from the cops and calls the person who told the cops who he was a rat, investigating me or a case for me. They are suppossed to find the truth, not try to make the truth what they want it to be.

As to making stupid mistakes, you are right, and we have to live with those decisions.

RJV

I carry a 6 cell just incase someone gets stupid up close. I can stun them with that while it gives me a chance to go for another weapon. You do have the right to defend yourself, but your decision will determine your fate. Just like on the streets. If you strike someone in the head, you are screwed. The same goes for us out on patrol. In the ASP class you are taught how and where to strike the person. If I were you I'd just get the pepper spray you can buy at the EZ Mart or something. Alot less liability b/c you used something other than a baseball bat to defend yourself. Just my opinion though.