Blasters

Does anyone here think blasters are good quads? If I dont find a nice used banshee I think I may buy a brand new blaster cause I really want a two stroke.

I know the blaster is pretty small in both the engine and overall size. Does anybody know the stock horsepower?

How much does an aftermarket pipe, sliencer, air filter, reeds, help the power?

Can a blaster be made to be pretty quick with the right mods for drags?

Is the blaster pretty good for trails and playing around?

They are nice bikes, powerwise they are not comparable with a shee by no means, but they can be made to beat piped banshees...

Aftermarket pipe, filter and reeds will make a nice diffrence, you will be right with a stock 400 ex or beat 1..

Yes the blaster is AWSOME in trails being so light small and with such good handling, and its just a realy fun bike to ride.

Like he said...fun wheeler, but you wont have the power of a banshee. They actually only make 11-13hp, which sounds low, but when they say a pipe gives a 10% increase in power, that's about 1hp. We port ours w/the race logic templates, and that improves it much more than a pipe. If you buy a pipe for a blaster, don't get a DG. They may make decent pipes for other models, but not the blaster. The blaster rides/lands a little stiffer than a banshee too, but it is an all around fun machine, and my brothers/&friend bought 3 new ones in '99 and punished them relentlessly, and they all got more than their money's worth.out of them and are still getting beat on today. ;)

If you want to use them as a boat anchor they are nice quads!. lol, I've had friends that have had them and nothing but problems, one sized his up 4 times in one year. Only had basic mods. My opinion of them is, if you keep them bone stock, they are alright for a kid. You start putting on pipes, etc. your gonna have trouble!

Me and my buddy used to take my sisters blaster, and her friends blaster and chase each other through the trees at camp. It was fun as hell on those things. They like to wheely. The first thing I'd do is get a B-1 pipe, shave the head, fly wheel etc etc, and get rid of that damn oil injection.

Then hack off the front and rear fenders.

They are fun bikes but I can't ride a stock one. It won't go anywhere with my fat ass on it besides the camp ground.

the first quad i ever owned was a '98 blaster, great beginner bike to learn on, peppy, agile, cheap to fix. drawbacks are the oil-injection, rear brakes(pre-2003) lack of suspension, cramped seating profile. there is a lot of aftermarket stuff to pep them up (big bore, pipes, oil injection block-off, suspension upgades) an ok bike, at least it's a 2 stroke with a 6 speed..

If you want to use them as a boat anchor they are nice quads!. lol, I've had friends that have had them and nothing but problems, one sized his up 4 times in one year. Only had basic mods. My opinion of them is, if you keep them bone stock, they are alright for a kid. You start putting on pipes, etc. your gonna have trouble!

Did your friends rejet when they modded? Mines piped and I ride the living shit outa it and I rode almost every day for 3 YEARS and it still has good compression even after it being ragged out for 6-7 months after it was stolen, blasters if taken care of will last forever..

Also, a stock blaster has about 15-18 hp at the rear wheels, when you put a pipe on it you will feel a nice diffrence, mines dead even with a piped kx 80...

Also, they are tipy stock due to the ballon tires, put some aftermarlet tires on there and you will notice a good diffrence, mine has a +2 lsr banshee axle and +2 a arms and I turned it sideways in mid 5'th gear on the road ( On accident..Don't ask me how I don't remember..) But I just leaned and it didn't even try to come up on 2 wheels..

The stock brakes suck, but you can very very easily on the older models take banshee front and rear brakes and put them on with very little modifacation.

They are very good wheelie machines, can ride them out forever..

They are also verry cheap to modify and maintain..

they are an alright quad to start out on....was the first 4wheeler I had. Got it for 300 bucks with a blown top end. It had a paul turner pipe, rad valve, larger carb, and a K&N filter, plus a little cleaning up of the intake and it was dead even all day long with a piped warrior in a drag race.

They are fun in the woods, but all my buddies had 250R's, raptors, and banshee's and any time they could open it up at all.....they'd just walk away from me. I could stay with them decently in the trails.....but if they hit a road....they'd have to wait for me.

I also dont like how they are built....very cheaply if you ask me. Everything is held together with cotter pins, the rear brakes sucked (well....never worked) and the front drums were a little bit of another issue.

I put maybe 500 into the thing the whole time I had it....and thats including 2 rebuilds. And then sold it and got my money back. I beat the ever loving piss out of that thing.....and it rolled down so many hills that I dont think anything was straight on it.....it would always start up first kick afterward though.

I remember one time up in hazleton....I stood it up on a hillclimb....and was standing there with feet on the ground.....holding it from flipping back....and my foot slipped. The thing did a 180 and started flipping head over heels down the hill, and ended up landing right between the a-arms, on a tree that broke about 5 feet off the ground, with the rear tires still on the hill.....you could walk under it. Got it down off there, pulled the handlebars back up, realized I had no brake lever left so I had no brakes at all.....and had to come back down the mountain to where we were parked.....good times.