Help! Asap

I went to the dunes with my buddies yesterday. the shee bogs from 4-6 gears. (e.g) befor a steep hill i start with the 1 gear and then i shift to the 2 and 3 gears, when i shift to 4 gear it bogs and slows down. banghead

My mods are:-

tr6 pipe

K & N filter

air box is removed

porting done (0.40)

64.50 pro-x pistons

4-snow maxxis tires (i think that what the call them) 22-10-00-9

what is the problem?

1. am i going rich

2. or i need more power for these tires

any info is appriciated. :cheers:

thanx :headbang:

Edited by @@banshee_rider@@

Need a little more info: what's your jetting now? temp & elevation? premix ratio? and how big are those tires? what gearing?

On the outside it sounds like your mains are rich, but at the same time it could just be too much load on the motor with those tires, especially since it sounds like it runs well in the lower gears...

elevation is sea level.

running right now 290 mains and 27.5 pilot. air screw is 3/4 out side (i am running rich in the pilots and i will change it ASAP)

BTW if i want to start the race with gaer 2 (which i always do) i should hold on the clutch and give it a wot and then release or i will feel that i am running gear 6.

i said that at first after reading the jetting FAQ :headbang: but when i changed the main jets 310 banghead it was the baddist jet i had used. so i decided to go to 340 and i really cant go more than 1/4 or it will bog hard.

my shee builder suggested 270 mains and keep the same pilot jets cuz he said when have a tire that grooves in the sand you should have smaller jets.

I use old plugs and run it wide open for 5-10 seconds in 6th gear and shut it down, coast to a stop, pull the plugs......Mine are always black from normal riding but will lighten up after a hard run wide open..