Swingarm Advice

PlaynSand

Sorry to post this question but search didn't help me much.

I am having Passion RE port my cylinders and will be getting Noss Head,and V -Force reeds and will be running 8 paddle tires .

Do you guys think I will need an extended swingarm ??

I like dragging a little but still like to ride trails but the front end in the air all the time isn't my thing.

I am thinking about a +4 swingarm , but may stay with stock arm and see how it is, just looking for some advice.

I have a +4 and love it. It's amazing what 4 inches can do. (Atleast that's what my wife tells me..LOL)

I definitely wouldn't go any longer. My brother has a +8 and that is too long for the tight trails and some of the narrow hill climbs. He is always hanging his rear wheels on roots, trees and bending rims.

Here's a link for doing it yourself:

http://www.westcoastatv.com/Technical/Swin...swingarmext.htm

Right now I run stock due to lack of serious HP. As soon as I get enough money for some serious engine work, then its up to a +3 or +4 for the dunes. Probably won't go longer than that because I like to jump. Where I go there aren't a ton of trails to ride, its mostly ride around, find a jump, ride some more etc. Personally I reserve +6 and longer for drag racing applications.

I recently installed a +4 that I extended myself and I really like it and recommend it for those running 22" paddles.

The other benefit of not going more that +4 is that you only have to by one chain. Mine took 119 links. I understand that those who go bigger than +4 have to buy two chains and have two master links. :unsure:

What do you guys think about have around 85 hp. Would a -2 be suicide. I ride a little of everything: trails, dunes, fields...... I like the way some people talk about how they handle but I don't recall anyone that had that much hp running a -2. I was going to either go with stock or +2 at the most. Thanks if you can interpret what I'm trying to say. ;)