Best Clutch

gumby

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I read the kevlar particles suspended in the tranny oil causes wear. It supposed to be a problem only on wet clutch systems like what motor cycles have so having a kevlar clutch on a car or truck is no problem. I believe 4 stroke motorcycles have this problem worse than 2 smokers as the particles get up into the cam bearings and wears the whole system out. I think this is a big problem on bikes that do not get regular oil changes. If you read the instructions that come with any Hinson clutch basket they specifically tell you not to use Kevlar friction plates so thats what I do... avoid kevlar.

• 2 weeks later...
Complete Hinson 8 plate setup with FZR plates and springs. Serious drag motor step up to some straight cut gears as well... avoid kevlar friction plates.

i have the eight plate and the kevlar is the only setup i run...........and i've run that setup for about 5 years.........right after i started trashing dr racing clutch kits

I've been runnin kevlar for a few months now and they take a ton of beating before they wear out. Plus the stock basket has worn out and i just filed the fingers down to get the little grooves out and it makes it much easier to clutch and shift. Anyone who is replacing their plates should check out the fingers on the basket because as ive found if there are grooves in them the centripital force will cause the plates to get stuck in the grooves and it wont release as well and it will tend to roll if you have it in gear and have the clutch in. For those of you with money to spare just get a hinson clutch basket.

Complete Hinson 8 plate setup with FZR plates and springs. Serious drag motor step up to some straight cut gears as well... avoid kevlar friction plates.

i have the eight plate and the kevlar is the only setup i run...........and i've run that setup for about 5 years.........right after i started trashing dr racing clutch kits

What year fzr would these plates be for?

• 1 month later...
I ran a tusk clutch kit with ebc springs for a couple months now with no problems with fading or grabing. For the money, the tusk is hard to beat. $40 shipped to your door with everything included from rocky mountain.

268382[/snapback]

Yeah but once again the tusk kits are not in stock.

I've been trying to get a tusk set for over 6 months now.

Anyone knows a place to get a kit?

besides rocky mountain.