HJR 510 motor build issues, please help

I think I would consider swapping to a big bore pipe. The CPI’s were definitely keeping it hot as they’re pretty much past their capabilities at 500CC, let alone a ported super cub. 
The switch to Shearers will help, but after riding for a while in the dunes I bet you’re still fighting heat. They will be sweet for short rides and dyno runs, but a race gas motor with timing over 500cc is gonna be much happier with a big bore pipe for longer rides. 

I will pay more attention to my temp next time I go out. I didn't really go on any long day rides last time but it seemed to be holding up ok at night. I might have to bite the bullet and switch to big bore if it starts heating up. Do you know how it will effect the power in the motor?

My lights went out went out at the hill on the trip so I had to ride back without lights. I wasn't able to find any broken wires, maybe the stator went out? I was thinking about doing the DC conversion so that I can install some LED head lights and maybe a light bar, but heard mixed reviews on them.

Stator failure could be the cause of some of your problems. Buy OEM.

DC conversion with JL Engineering battery pack is a nice upgrade, don’t exceed 70 watts.

someone in the wanted section was looking to trade big bore shearers for small bore, I’d jump at it if they’re still available 

• 2 months later...