Bringing a Banshee out of 13 years of Hibernation.

Must be nice to have gotten it from a dealer who would allow it to stay crated. I bought the '06 too but in all black however my dealer would not sell it to me unless put together(they gave me the crate but I left it there). The dealer told me it was "insurance reasons" as to why they wouldn't sell it to me crated. So I bought it together but never fueled or fired & they didn't want to do that either but I told them I wouldn't buy it otherwise...so I still have it stored brand-new to this day. I did end up filling the base all the way to the top of the dipstick with oil plus fogged the piss out of both cylinders too. The dealer left all of the shipping grease, tags, etc. on it as well. I turn it over very gently once or twice a year to keep bearings moving & spin the tires too but "Shee's" never been ridden...or even sat on, I have another one for that purpose...if I ever get it back together; it was my brother's who did the same thing I did with mine but his got stolen/recovered & sold to me in a poor condition so I have a new one & a WIP one right now but still always wanted one crated, I even offered to sign waivers but was a no go on my dealer's end. Oh well.

Yes, I legitimately own the Banshee in the crate. I purchased it in 2015 from Bright PowerSports in Lincoln Park, Mi. I’m originally from Lima, OH where I was born and raised until the fall of 1999 when I enlisted into the Marines. I was sent and then stationed in Camp Lejeune from 1999-2009 then they transferred me to Camp Pendleton from 2009- 2019. I just recently retired after 20 years and finished my career as a drill instructor. While living here in California I noticed that most of my neighbors have atv’s , SxS’s or Trikes and so I decided to start searching for another banshee. I owned a 1997 banshee that I had to sell before I enlisted into the Marines. I was really shocked when I came across this dealership selling this banshee that was still I the crate. Then I noticed that it was not to far from my parents house back home. So I contacted them about it and explained my situation and that while I was on holiday leave I would drive up and purchase it on Black Friday. So I’ve been the owner sense then. Anymore doubters I be more than willing to answer anymore questions.