Driveline 4mm

jmross

Made the Jump to a high port driveline 4mm setup.  I am running 35mm pwk carbs and v force 2 reeds.  Am I going to have any fuel supply issues running the factory Kehin bowls and factory petcock?  Running pump gas and riding glamis.

Thanks 

Edited by jmross

3 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

pwk bowls will do just fine  I ran the same setup (running stock carbs now) just make sure to run a pingel like the above stated

Why did you go back to stock carbs? I'm building a 4mil and have some 35 PWKs I was going to use. Would I be better off with the 28s I run now?

10 minutes ago, 97Screamer said:

Why did you go back to stock carbs? I'm building a 4mil and have some 35 PWKs I was going to use. Would I be better off with the 28s I run now?

Depends on what ur looking for. After my build i found that ny motor drank gas AND i was running 110. Not a good combo on a trail motor. So i switched to pump gas ( from 180 psi to 150) and went to stockers.   Lost some peak hp and a little torque but who cares?  Still 70+ hp and 40+ torque on an unported motor and my gas milage rocks now.  Dont be afraid to run the 28s.  If u do run the 35s dont set it up for race gas like i did. 

Edited by Ayesully810
  • Like 2

Depends on what ur looking for. After my build i found that ny motor drank gas AND i was running 110. Not a good combo on a trail motor. So i switched to pump gas ( from 180 psi to 150) and went to stockers.   Lost some peak hp and a little torque but who cares?  Still 70+ hp and 40+ torque on an unported motor and my gas milage rocks now.  Dont be afraid to run the 28s.  If u do run the 35s dont set it up for race gas like i did. 

With 35s, you're going to get about 6mpg. True story

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

Im doing about 30min with a full gas tank (stock tank)

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

22 hours ago, jmross said:

Ordered a pingel from f.a.s.t. and will gut the gas cap.  I ran 35mm carbs with my drag ported 370 LR engine and I was ok with the fuel consumption.  I wouldnt get too far from camp because of it.  I hope it doesn't get too much worse with the 421.  

Dont worry im sure it absolutley will get worse

Yes i am will Ayesully, i'm running stock carbs with billet bowls just for added insurance..

like stated above depends on what you are doing, if you see yourself holding WOT for extended periods go the bigger carb, if not i would say the 28's will suffice..

enjoy! you will love the cylinders!