Need help adjusting my clutch

42 minutes ago, ginger said:

do you have the correct number of friction and steel plates in the clutch?  if i had it all ripped appart, i would have put a pancake bearing in there, so you dont have to worry about the ball seizing.  

as for throttle sticking, does the cable move freely, and does it have any sharp kinks in the cable or is it all smooth curves? 

I thought pancake was for high hp builds at least that's what my buddy told me. But I have 7 big and 6 little plates. Started with a big ended with a big. & the cable is smooth & no kinks or something like that it feels even a little stiff but besides that and the bit of free play it works fine

pancake is good for any setup.  keeps the ball from welding especially if you have to ride the clutch at all.  big HP guys normally just automatically put them in there.  

So just got back home and it's doing the same thing. It's like every time I take off on it real fast the clutch goes to shit.. I have to pop it into gears without using the clutch cause even if I pulled it, you can feel the engine still going like nothing happened.. until clutch randomly pops back in on 1st or 2nd gear. Then I can shift normally again.. what's happening??

So just got back home and it's doing the same thing. It's like every time I take off on it real fast the clutch goes to shit.. I have to pop it into gears without using the clutch cause even if I pulled it, you can feel the engine still going like nothing happened.. until clutch randomly pops back in and then I can shift normally again.. what's happening?? I notice the acceleration gets a bit weird when the clutch goes out.. Anyone??

• 4 years later...

I had the same issues with my cable. I went through my whole clutch system and now use half oem and half heavy duty springs. I bought a motion pro cable that was also a tad too long. The only thing that really helped out was a new asv clutch lever with the adjustable perch. It has an extra piece to extend the length of your perch and it also has adjustability to push your lever out further away from your handle bar grip to add to the length of the pull. That’s what fixed my problem.  It’s the asv F2 model  with the perch included.