Need help adjusting my clutch

So guys just got back home put the ball in and now my pressure plate won't go in!! My actuator is sitting all the way back, loosened up my perch completely, it's like the ball wont go in all the way. When I pull the actuator the ball pushes out but not all the way out of the hole.. what's going on? Fuck this is turning into a real headache

47 minutes ago, Rawnold said:

So guys just got back home put the ball in and now my pressure plate won't go in!! My actuator is sitting all the way back, loosened up my perch completely, it's like the ball wont go in all the way. When I pull the actuator the ball pushes out but not all the way out of the hole.. what's going on? Fuck this is turning into a real headache

Be patient, you will get it figured out. I was a little frustrated my time time doing a clutch. Dont be afraid to ask questions or search the threads. Is this with the new cable installed? 

Yeah this issue is with my new cable, I can't get my pressure plate in because the ball isn't allowing the screw go in (even screwed out all the way it goes) like the rod behind the ball isn't sitting back enough. Should I try tapping it softly with a hammer to see if it pops in?

2 hours ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

Get a magnet and pull the rod and maybe a ball or 2 out, see if they're in good shape

What do you mean a ball or two? I looked inside before I purchased a new one and I didn't see a ball I just saw the round groove where there should be a ball. The ball I just got is brand new

2 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

Where did u get the ball from? U sure its the righ size? Also did u put a magnet in there and pull ur push rod out to double check evrything 

Got the ball from a local dealership I got it by part number and they said it was that one. It fits in there perfectly up until the point where it won't go further. The furthest back I got it was by taking the cable off the actuator arm and letting it sit all the way back and even then the pressure plate still needed a tad more to go in right

e- if I stick a magnet in there I'll probably get the ball out, but you're saying I could also grab a pushrod from in there with a magnet?? I'm gonna give it a go again tmrw so any help before then would be great

Edited by Rawnold

15 hours ago, Rawnold said:

What do you mean a ball or two? I looked inside before I purchased a new one and I didn't see a ball I just saw the round groove where there should be a ball. The ball I just got is brand new

It could be possible a previous owner installed things incorrectly, like ball first then rod.

You adding a ball would be ball - rod- ball.

I.E., 1rod, 2balls.

Best to remove and inspect.

• Like 1

How would I remove the ball and rid? I tried with a magnet and it won't seem to catch the ball it just pushes it back and won't grab it when I pull forward. I could probably tilt my bike and get it out but then what about that rod you're talking about? How can I get that out?

51 minutes ago, Rawnold said:

How would I remove the ball and rid? I tried with a magnet and it won't seem to catch the ball it just pushes it back and won't grab it when I pull forward. Get a better magnet I could probably tilt my bike and get it out but then what about that rod you're talking about? Use the better magnet How can I get that out?

I got it out, turns out I had 2 balls in there back to back I guess I couldn't see it when I was looking in there, got my rod out, was a little worn on one end with a bit of an indent seemed to be from the ball. Stuck the clean side back in first, popped a ball in clutch plate went in like is should, but now I'm back to where I was. When I line up the actuator my clutch is really soft and barely moves it so when I screw out my perch all the way almost till it's comepletely out it picks up some tension but still not enough to get that actuator moving past like 30 degrees.

am I gonna need someone with more experience to tear this shit apart? Or does anyone know a fix?

(I'm thinking if I can get a longer perch for my lever so that it pulls my clutch cable out even more then it should work properly. Cause all it needs is a little more tension) but I know it shouldn't be like this.. especially when I just put in a new cable 

Yeah I hold it towards me as I adjust the bolt on the clutch cover side. I get it aligned but when it is aligned my clutch is still pretty soft. I adjust the perch so it picks up that slack but my clutch still feels soft and has unnecessary free play and the cable feels loose when the clutch lever is relaxed I can actually pull the cable to pick up the slack from the lever. Like if the cable doesn't have enough tension. 30 degrees was a rough estimate. It I know my clutch isn't right because I can feel it when I grab it. My cable and lever feels right when I screw that adjust past the point I should and the actuator is sitting far back that's when it "feels" better but it really isn't because the actuator goes even less past the arrow when I pull it.

if I could post videos and pics I would by the iPhone takes huge size pics