Ideal Cooling System?

Chinese ebay over size radiator. Good metal impeller. Cheap Napa radiator hose. Properly tuned bike. Keep moving. Works for me.

I run distilled water and water wetter only so I don't get 50/50 all over the place if I have to pull my clutch cover off. It also doesn't freeze here often.

• Like 1

nice robust rad would be a good choice. no experience with the Toomey but some shops can make whatever you want for 300bills. shielding is important. either use the stock stuff or make your own. coolheads go against everything we know about head and plug cooling but maybe your mostly wanting bling

What about the possibility of interchangeable domes for different compression???

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

nice robust rad would be a good choice. no experience with the Toomey but some shops can make whatever you want for 300bills. shielding is important. either use the stock stuff or make your own. coolheads go against everything we know about head and plug cooling but maybe your mostly wanting bling

Why would someone pay 300 for a rad when the Chinese ones are fine? There's literally hundreds of people on this site that run them without issue.

Let me guess, you have some inside ktm knowledge that says they are junk and you would never run one for reasons you won't share?

never seen a chinese rad so i couldnt say

claude, changing domes is fine. its the other aspects of the head that make no sense

I get that, but i think the main reason people buy coolhead is for changing dome, since cooling is not realy an issue, but i may be wrong, my experience with shee engine is pretty short.

fan is def good idea if you have power to run it

claude , coolhead could easily just copy a known good design if they dont have the ability to design it theirself. oh well i guess

Are you talking about after market head in general or the coolhead brand?? 'cause most people use 'coolhead' as a genric term for after market head.

Wich one have a good design??

Engine ice is great stuff, use it in all my bikes & ATV's. Only downside's are price (around $20 a half gallon), and having to flush with distilled water. The aluminum radiator (IMO) is worth it for the fact that it holds more coolant, taking longer to heat soak.