BEWARE: Tom Borrink & The Rocket Pipes

Thack82

Do you guys know if anybody has ever got Arlen at LED to build a PV Cheetah? He could set up a account with Harry McDermott (McDermott Racing) and purchase the unmolested cast PV Cheetah Cylinders and the rest of the Cheetah Kit like I had Kan Powersport's do for me.

The 250R's that are running Arlene's big PV Sphinx Stroker Motors are among the baddest R's out there. He specializes in the big CP PV Motors and I've never heard anybody say or do anything other than rave about the performance and power delivery. As we all know finding happy Cheetah owners are few and far between because almost all of them are botched and doomed right from the start because most of the big name Banshee Engine Builders wont mess with them, and the Banshee Engine Builders that are familiar with the Rotax and YPVS PWC's and Sled's on a regular basis are few and far between. My buddy called Cam at Red Line a few months back and ask him if he would build a Cheetah and Cam said no.

It seems like Arlen could be the answer to the Cheetah. If the Trinity Billet Power Valves are a problem he can get a set of the Rotax PV's and machine the slides like he does on the Sphinx Cylinders. He obviously knows his shit when it comes to the porting specifics on cylinders that come equipped with that style power valve and he could build a set of pipes that match the porting and the exact type of riding the customer is planning on doing.

Has anybody done this or talked about doing this yet? Harry told me he could get CP to cast the Cheetah Cylinders in any of the bore and stroke configurations that the Cub/Serval, DM, and DMX was available in but it could take up to six months to get it because he wouldn't have it on the shelf, CP would have to cast it for him.

Maybe the problem is there are other motors out there that are better than the PV stuff now? Like the serval and SS?? I dunno, I have no idea, just a thought I had.

The guys that run Snomobiles will tell you that's like comparing a turbo diesel to a non turbo diesel and that's definitely not the case. What exactly does the 521cc Serval have that makes it a better performer and option than a 535cc Cheetah? The Cheetah is a 26 port mono-cylinder equipped with big six bolt 250R Intakes and a power valve design that's proven to be the elite design on every other Quad, Sled, and PWC that has a reed valve two stroke power pant. The problem with the Cheetah lies with the engine builders and the fact nobody has built a set of pipes that are delveloped for a variable exhaust port timing.

• Like 1

The guys that run Snomobiles will tell you that's like comparing a turbo diesel to a non turbo diesel and that's definitely not the case. What exactly does the 521cc Serval have that makes it a better performer and option than a 535cc Cheetah? The Cheetah is a 26 port mono-cylinder equipped with big six bolt 250R Intakes and a power valve design that's proven to be the elite design on every other Quad, Sled, and PWC that has a reed valve two stroke power pant. The problem with the Cheetah lies with the engine builders and the fact nobody has built a set of pipes that are delveloped for a variable exhaust port timing.

Ease of use

Cost

Knowledge

Proof

All that and then some. That's what the Serval has.

You can get a 100hp SS kit to your door.

A cast 535 Cheetah is capable of producing 100hp right out of the box. I was looking for a answer like the port timing is inferior on the Cheetah, or the big 6 bolt intake slow down charge velocity to much, or something a long those lines. The additional expense is a contributing factor I'm sure.

Edited by Thack82

Well I do now, but it was a bitch for while. I run the Streamline Billettainum Hydraulic Clutch Setup and I think it's was discontinued several years ago for a few reasons that I'm getting ready to mention.

The first issue was the slave cylinder arm adjustment on both ends had to be screwed all the way out in order to reach the actuator arm and it would come loose every five minutes or less and then you'd have to pull the carbs and air box, take the aluminum salve cylinder bracket loose screw the adjustment arm that backed out back in, hook everything back up, put the carbs and air box back on and you could ride for another 3-5 minutes before it came loose on one side or the other again. You can see how I solved that shitty design flaw that caused the problem below:

IMG_0209_zpsprleyhpp.jpg

I just cut the head off a 6mm X 1.25 stainless screw and bought another section of hex stock that had a 6mm thread and coated the 6mm stud and hex stock with red heavy duty Permatex Loc-Tite, tightened everything down, screwed both adjustment arms back in, and that solved that issue.

Then cold weather came and that thick mineral oil shit that the come with that they say you have to run to prevent doing damage to the seals and o-rings didn't move fast enough and delayed the shit out of my clutch action. After researching oil capabilities and viscosities for three days I figured out that a cheap non-synthetic ATF was safe for all the o-rings and seals and it was thin enough that cold weather wouldn't have any effect on the action speed.

After I got that issue solved I haven't had any other problems or complaints other than it bleeding it can be a bitch if you don't know what your doing. I encountered both issues I had the first month or two I had it, I solved those problems, and its been problem free for the last 7-8 years and I wouldn't even consider going back to a cable.

There was a day and time I would have traded somebody for a cable and a OEM Clutch purchase and lever and gave boot because I was so pissed off! If you can find a Streamline now you know what to do to fix it for $5 or less.

stupid question here, 

why is the arrow on the actuator arm so far back instead of being in line with the arrow on the case (or close to it)

stupid question here, 

why is the arrow on the actuator arm so far back instead of being in line with the arrow on the case (or close to it)

The slave cylinder hadn't been adjusted in or hooked up yet when that picture was taken.

A cast 535 Cheetah is capable of producing 100hp right out of the box. I was looking for a answer like the port timing is inferior on the Cheetah, or the big 6 bolt intake slow down charge velocity to much, or something a long those lines. The additional expense is a contributing factor I'm sure.

I can call 99% of builders and say I want a SS making 100hp.

Then a few weeks later all the parts are at my house.

You called redline, a huge shop, he told you no on a cheetah build.

Cheetahs are a thing of the past. If you want big power, you go with a DM.

If you want good usable torque for a rider bike, you go with a Serval.

There's zero reason for a Cheetah anymore.

They take too much work and are way bigger than most people need to achieve a strong rider bike.

Yo info on intake design is 1990s. Stk intake bolt pattern works very good wid CP stk intake bolt pattern cyls

Cheetahs are a thing of the past. If you want big power, you go with a DM.

If you want good usable torque for a rider bike, you go with a Serval.

There's zero reason for a Cheetah anymore.

They take too much work and are way bigger than most people need to achieve a strong rider bike.

Maybe my bike will change the way you guys feel about the Cheetah and it's power and performance capabilities. It's not run of the mil Cheetah and willing to do what it takes in order to make it perform at its full capabilities.

Damn, where's Cam ATV when I need him.

Maybe my bike will change the way you guys feel about the Cheetah and it's power and performance capabilities. It's not run of the mil Cheetah and willing to do what it takes in order to make it perform at its full capabilities.

Damn, where's Cam ATV when I need him.

Right because that worked out with your rocket pipes

Yo info on intake design is 1990s. Stk intake bolt pattern works very good wid CP stk intake bolt pattern cyls

All the intakes used on all the aftermarket cylinders were developed in late 80's. When I started talking to builders about building a 10 mil I was told by more than one of them that once you hit the 10 mil mark the stock Banshee intakes were inadequate.