BEWARE: Tom Borrink & The Rocket Pipes

Thack82

I must have said something you didn't like because your saying some hatful shit sheerider.

No not at all.

Realistic. You tried to revive rockets, here you are in this thread.

I'm all for old school shit.

I paid 85 bucks for RTC levers.

But there's certain things that I just know to walk away from or that aren't cost effective/ worth pursuing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The guys that run Snomobiles will tell you that's like comparing a turbo diesel to a non turbo diesel and that's definitely not the case. What exactly does the 521cc Serval have that makes it a better performer and option than a 535cc Cheetah?

-Reliable proven repeatable performance. They are a perfect contender. The dyno sheets show it above most cheetah dyno sheets I can find and they are taking abuse in the real world. I'm intrigued you bring this up as Arlen is doing my Serval, I was gonna send my Cheetah to a local sled guy, but am really toying with letting Arlen do this cheetah.

The Cheetah is a 26 port mono-cylinder equipped with big six bolt 250R Intakes and a power valve design that's proven to be the elite design on every other Quad, Sled, and PWC that has a reed valve two stroke power pant.

-All good on paper, but they just never got the R&D they deserved. Calvin spoke about a lot of the cheetah issues on some forums when they were trying to salvage the TSS fiasco before he passed away. Albeit most issues were on smaller cheetahs. The 535 has all the right stuff. You are correct in thinking it just takes the right man for the job. Unfortunately that man wasn't Harry.

The problem with the Cheetah lies with the engine builders and the fact nobody has built a set of pipes that are delveloped for a variable exhaust port timing.

-False, Shearer's stamped big bore was made for the 535 cheetah. No it's not meant to help the pipe grunt down low as that's what the valves job is to deal with. Get it motivated and get enough heat/pressure to make the valve open and get it to RPM.

Remember the cheetah wasn't designed to be some torque monster for trail guys. It was designed to cater to the dune/hill shooting guys who are usually wide open, but occasionally find them selves needing a bit of early on grunt for hills and what not. I believe if Calvin held off on cub for a bit and worked with Harry on further development, there very well could have been a more solid approach to the cheetah's.

A cast 535 Cheetah is capable of producing 100hp right out of the box. I was looking for a answer like the port timing is inferior on the Cheetah, or the big 6 bolt intake slow down charge velocity to much, or something a long those lines. The additional expense is a contributing factor I'm sure.

Those are all speculative possibilities. However, SheeRider is correct. There just haven't been many cheetahs to be solid performers. Where the Servals are popping up all over and are thoroughly sorted out and making the numbers. It doesn't matter why the cheetahs have trouble. But it does matter that they are being out gunned by a new design in the real word.
  • Like 1

All the intakes used on all the aftermarket cylinders were developed in late 80's. When I started talking to builders about building a 10 mil I was told by more than one of them that once you hit the 10 mil mark the stock Banshee intakes were inadequate.

Ur reply backs up my statement. It's 2017 yo

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 12/28/2016 at 11:03 PM, n2otoofast4u said:
On 12/28/2016 at 10:56 PM, #1JUANstunna said:

This shit is too bizarre to be made up but WTF were you thinking Thacker?

You know, I was pondering this question today. I have come to the conclusion that Thacker is on the same drugs (or worse) than Tom is.

I dnt think he ever wanted pipes for his banshee…. He wanted the world’s biggest Meth Pipe . He let him move the Cook trailer into his back yard & gave him $$$ thing he’s going to smoke for free for the rest of his life 

On 12/31/2016 at 12:09 AM, Thack82 said:

Your assumption is wrong, I drink a little and don't don't partake in ANY drugs. I would appreciate it if you would keep your stupid comments and derogatory remarks to your self. Your worse than a little kid, but if your going to assume things about me and write them I'll tell you what I assume about you.

I'm assuming your a ass hole that probably doesn't even own a Banshee and if you do it's a stock cylinder rag with a set of T5's, a jet kit, and a extended stock style swingarm and you think you've got yourself a bad ass "Drag Bike". So your idea of a good time is logging on HQ and spewing bullshit and trash talking in a attempt to make yourself feel like your a big deal. Please do me and everybody else a favor and shut the fuck up.

If you dnt use drugs why’d you let him move his Cook Camper to your back yard ? Your telling all of us that he wasn’t cooking Meth for the both of you guys? WE ALL KNOW HE WAS MAKING YOU THE WORLDS BIGGEST METH PIPE !!!! but no he decided he’d keep it for him self and now your mad 😂👍👍