Interesting read on carbon fiber control arm manufacturing.

trickedcarbine

You're right, I simply bought my efi bike, and have no knowledge of atvs, chassis building, welding, or machining that could remotely help tricked achieve his goal of a light as possible yet still durable TT bike.

Makes cents ur posting here

It makes tons of cents I'm posting here. Edited by Whitbread

If you think that other forms of racing can't overlap in terms of engineering, you need to open you mind. Stop being so narrow minded. This all started because trick wanted to make some billet aluminum parts out of billet carbon fiber. Something that would help everyone. He is willing to spend his time and money to do the r+d. But all you can say is he is wasting his time.

U telling me to open my mind. Lmao. Go read my posts. Info is all there to answer ur non sense. Troll on

There are plenty more like this from you. More post about "atv" this or banshee "light" weight frame. You think that if no one has build a light weight banshee frame before, they don't know what they are talking about. News flash, banshees are the lowest form of racing. There is a reason they are dying out. When someone comes along with the idea of using something from formula 1, the highest form or racing, or even from something non racing, there are the people that say don't do it because they don't see a good reason.

As for my experience, you have no clue what my experience is on the matter.

No one has a clue on WTF u do. No one cares either. U have never posted up anything showing what u have done pertaining to any of this. Troll on

Not a banshee no. My bike is actually probably one of the heaviest here on the boards since it's built for long distance trail riding and carries 7.4 gallons of fuel on board. I spent 6 years surrounded by oval racing in ohio working on those cars and spent the last 4 years around road race cars and the f1 sidecars. I have quite a few friends into drag racing so I'm the fab guy they all turn to when they need something. I'm certainly not an expert in any one area, but I've seen enough to identify the differences in construction vs application for different motorsports and I'm comfortable enough to build anything put in front of me.

These were all chassis's I built and did all the assembly and fab to make them run. Sorry I don't have a better pic of the F1 on my phone. It's a neat sheet alum monocoque chassis.

IMG_20130924_162322_zpsackquagz.jpg

IMG_20130627_132122_zpsyvwt0fuq.jpg

20150513_170154_zpsgo2k9zps.jpg

So where the pics of your tt bike, tt specific parts you machined, or hanging out in the pits at a TT track where you amassed the TT specific knowledge that you've shared so graciously?

In my first post you quoted yet again, you still failed to include the second paragraph of my post talking about stingers and silencers. I'd end up with an entire page of quoted text if I went back and grabbed every irrelevant whole sentence of yours, grammar not withstanding.

A simple NO would have sufficed.

So your "input" here is actually less relevant than mine or JT's because we both have experience building lightweight bikes.

Our knowledge of lightweight Banshees trumps your F1 whatever nonsense you keep posting about.

Just because we haven't built something TT specific doesn't mean we don't have a general idea of where his build should start if he wants to achieve maximum weight savings.

Thanks for helping me prove my point.

A simple NO would have sufficed.

So your "input" here is actually less relevant than mine or JT's because we both have experience building lightweight bikes.

Our knowledge of lightweight Banshees trumps your F1 whatever nonsense you keep posting about.

Just because we haven't built something TT specific doesn't mean we don't have a general idea of where his build should start if he wants to achieve maximum weight savings.

Thanks for helping me prove my point.

Since you have not built a lightweight TT bike before either, why is your input gold plated and anything from the guy who actually builds lightweight parts for other motorsports 100% useless? Half the normal drag ideas of weight cutting tricked can't apply to his build. Are you so equally narrow minded that no other form of motorsports has any useful information to offer for a banshee build? Do you think banshees are the only place aluminum, ti, and cromo have ever been used?

Ordering up a chassis from a builder and then throwing a motor in it at home doesn't make an expert in lightweight chassis fabrication. Please, prove me otherwise and let's see pics of a cromo chassis that you designed and built in your own shop with your own hands. Then let's talk some design details on it since you're so knowledgeable in chassis fab.

Since you have not built a lightweight TT bike before either, why is your input gold plated and anything from the guy who actually builds lightweight parts for other motorsports 100% useless? Half the normal drag ideas of weight cutting tricked can't apply to his build. Are you so equally narrow minded that no other form of motorsports has any useful information to offer for a banshee build? Do you think banshees are the only place aluminum, ti, and cromo have ever been used?

Ordering up a chassis from a builder and then throwing a motor in it at home doesn't make an expert in lightweight chassis fabrication. Please, prove me otherwise and let's see pics of a cromo chassis that you designed and built in your own shop with your own hands. Then let's talk some design details on it since you're so knowledgeable in chassis fab.

Hmm half the normal drag ideas of weight cutting can't be applied...it's obvious u don't understand. I pointed this comment out in your first post. Now I see u still don't understand. A lot of light weight design can be applied to Tricked. It seems u and Zilla are on the same page. U two should build something together for the ATV world to help the industry. It would be awesome I'm sure. U keep arguing with ones who know more about the ATV industry than u. Why I'm not sure but that's what's going on here. Same with Zilla. Like I said I think it would be awesome if u two got together and did something. Start a build thread and do work

So your lightweight TT bike has front struts, Marvin's, kx80 rad or waterbox, no front brakes, 12oz gastank with no gascap, t bars, alum seat pan, no plastics, no silencers, and a narrow alum rear axle? You will definitely be first and not last.

So, you've never built a lightweight Banshee at all?

Right?

LOL at you trying to argue your useless opinion with "other Motorsports."

So, you've never built a lightweight Banshee at all?

Right?

LOL at you trying to argue your useless opinion with "other Motorsports."

Nope, I've never built a lightweight drag banshee and I have no problem stating that. I've learned from this thread that a drag bike and a TT bike are apparently 99% the same in construction though. Tricked should just buy one of the drag bikes in the classifieds and put his tires on it. That way all the lightweight work is already done.

Thank you for proving my point that bolting together light drag parts you ordered doesn't make an expert either ☺.

Edited by Whitbread