Interesting read on carbon fiber control arm manufacturing.

trickedcarbine

Im sure he does good on RaceCarHQ. But this is BHQ. His post of info was whack. Now if he has fab skills cool, but without knowledge for design per application that is all a waste of talent

Which post of mine was whack compared to any of your posts in this thread belittling other members while not adding any build tips or suggestions?  

Which post of mine was whack compared to any of your posts in this thread belittling other members while not adding any build tips or suggestions?

The one not on point about info. I don't like when peeps BS info when Tricked is trying to get correct info. Most was directed at Zillas BS and only ur first post about info. Tricked should be thanking peeps like Tyler and I who cut out the BS and help him with facts and experience. So u trying to fuk with me is useless in helping Tricked and doing nothing but not helping him

Some of us walk the walk and others just talk it.

There are only a handful of us that have experience with lightweight chassis and builds.

Yes you have the guy that gets on here with ZERO experience on the matter and puts his two cents in.

Most of us that have lightweight builds now have progressed from OEM to OEM modified to chassis bikes.

If that's not enough experience/knowledge I don't know what is.

But by all means, let's listen to the guy who doesn't like what he's reading.

^^ dis

The one not on point about info. I don't like when peeps BS info when Tricked is trying to get correct info. Most was directed at Zillas BS and only ur first post about info. Tricked should be thanking peeps like Tyler and I who cut out the BS and help him with facts and experience. So u trying to fuk with me is useless in helping Tricked and doing nothing but not helping him

You still didn't answer which post you were specifically referencing of mine what is supposedly as whack to you as zilla stating material specs. In my first post in this thread that you requoted, you conveniently left out the part where I suggested .030 wall tube stingers and CF tube silencers. How is that not relevant to a lightweight build thread? 

Oh yes, the man who is building a TT bike should be kissing the feet of drag guys giving him advice on how to build a drag bike. I'm sure Jeff Gordon's chassis guy gets all his help from John Force's chassis guy also. IF you have built a lightweight TT bike, then by all means post the pics up. I'm going to bet firm money that the number of guys still in business that have built a serious effort lightweight banshee TT bike can be counted on less than 3 fingers and none of them are here. So, since none of us are in that group, we have to put our collective knowledge together to come up with the best ideas from each school of thought. I have built a handful of F1 sidecar bikes and alum/cromo race cars so I have a fair knowledge of various chassis designs for different types of loads. Is my knowledge TT banshee specific? No, but I know how to build something light that won't bend the first time out. 

Edited by Whitbread

You still didn't answer which post you were specifically referencing of mine what is supposedly as whack to you as zilla stating material specs. In my first post in this thread that you requoted, you conveniently left out the part where I suggested .030 wall tube stingers and CF tube silencers. How is that not relevant to a lightweight build thread? 

Oh yes, the man who is building a TT bike should be kissing the feet of drag guys giving him advice on how to build a drag bike. I'm sure Jeff Gordon's chassis guy gets all his help from John Force's chassis guy also. IF you have built a lightweight TT bike, then by all means post the pics up. I'm going to bet firm money that the number of guys still in business that have built a serious effort lightweight banshee TT bike can be counted on less than 3 fingers and none of them are here. So, since none of us are in that group, we have to put our collective knowledge together to come up with the best ideas from each school of thought. I have built a handful of F1 sidecar bikes and alum/cromo race cars so I have a fair knowledge of various chassis designs for different types of loads. Is my knowledge TT banshee specific? No, but I know how to build something light that won't bend the first time out. 

Curious, have you ever built a lightweight Banshee at all? Drag, TT, etc? Anything?

Oh yes, the man who is building a TT bike should be kissing the feet of drag guys giving him advice on how to build a drag bike. I'm sure Jeff Gordon's chassis guy gets all his help from John Force's chassis guy also. IF you have built a lightweight TT bike, then by all means post the pics up. I'm going to bet firm money that the number of guys still in business that have built a serious effort lightweight banshee TT bike can be counted on less than 3 fingers and none of them are here. So, since none of us are in that group, we have to put our collective knowledge together to come up with the best ideas from each school of thought. I have built a handful of F1 sidecar bikes and alum/cromo race cars so I have a fair knowledge of various chassis designs for different types of loads. TT banshee specific? No, but I know how to build something light that won't bend the first time out.

bbac52dcb5e6bf5ee918c3a268479d29.jpgc6b9a9f345cf734fb64134224a0ba993.jpg

TT specific yes. I've been at Fireball Racing and seen hands on TT parts and talked design etc. I have helped Fireball with design etc all with the ATV industry. Not sure why u are not understanding this is ATV talk. I also have a diverse racing background and have machined and designed in the automotive industry from a daily driver to race vehicles. Not sure why I need to include that info here but since u feel the need to talk about things outside of ATV there's some info

Curious, have you ever built a lightweight Banshee at all? Drag, TT, etc? Anything?

Not a banshee no. My bike is actually probably one of the heaviest here on the boards since it's built for long distance trail riding and carries 7.4 gallons of fuel on board. I spent 6 years surrounded by oval racing in ohio working on those cars and spent the last 4 years around road race cars and the f1 sidecars. I have quite a few friends into drag racing so I'm the fab guy they all turn to when they need something. I'm certainly not an expert in any one area, but I've seen enough to identify the differences in construction vs application for different motorsports and I'm comfortable enough to build anything put in front of me. 

These were all chassis's I built and did all the assembly and fab to make them run. Sorry I don't have a better pic of the F1 on my phone. It's a neat sheet alum monocoque chassis. 

IMG_20130924_162322_zpsackquagz.jpg

IMG_20130627_132122_zpsyvwt0fuq.jpg

20150513_170154_zpsgo2k9zps.jpg

TT specific yes. I've been at Fireball Racing and seen hands on TT parts and talked design etc. I have helped Fireball with design etc all with the ATV industry. Not sure why u are not understanding this is ATV talk. I also have a diverse racing background and have machined and designed in the automotive industry from a daily driver to race vehicles. Not sure why I need to include that info here but since u feel the need to talk about things outside of ATV there's some info

So where the pics of your tt bike, tt specific parts you machined, or hanging out in the pits at a TT track where you amassed the TT specific knowledge that you've shared so graciously?

In my first post you quoted yet again, you still failed to include the second paragraph of my post talking about stingers and silencers. I'd end up with an entire page of quoted text if I went back and grabbed every irrelevant whole sentence of yours, grammar not withstanding.  

Edited by Whitbread