Interesting read on carbon fiber control arm manufacturing.

trickedcarbine

Hey Brett, if you want a light as possible bit still strong cromo swinger, I'll happily build one if you want to supply the materials and beer. Come up anytime.

Yes JT, it is possible some random joe here may know something about a thing or two and chooses not to run his mouth all over trying to prove to everyone that he's the bestest.

IMG_20141218_143000_zpskyn0b9sm.jpg

Edited by Whitbread

Hey Brett, if you want a light as possible bit still strong cromo swinger, I'll happily build one if you want to supply the materials and beer. Come up anytime.

Yes JT, it is possible some random joe here may know something about a thing or two and chooses not to run his mouth all over trying to prove to everyone that he's the bestest.

IMG_20141218_143000_zpskyn0b9sm.jpg

FFS. Ur post before this wasn't even on point and now u post up some random exhaust not for a Banshee. This is BHQ. I said it before and I'll say it again...I'm stupid simple and have all stk frame junk. Tricked I'm done posting here. Zilla and Whitebread can help u. Look forward to the build thread

Tricked, do you know what the roll design swing arm weighs? I just ordered a fireball hd swingarm in stock length and shipping weight is 14 pounds. Just to give you an idea

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Not off hand. It is just heavy as fuck. I had a set of their LT arms at first and sold them back in March for the same reason.

FFS. Ur post before this wasn't even on point and now u post up some random exhaust not for a Banshee. This is BHQ. I said it before and I'll say it again...I'm stupid simple and have all stk frame junk. Tricked I'm done posting here. Zilla and Whitebread can help u. Look forward to the build thread

Brett is a good buddy of mine. I offered to build him stingers, silencers, and now a swinger. How is that not relevant? What help have you legitimately offered outside of talking everyone else down and telling tricked he should let you build his bike? I haven't seen offers from you to lighten his cases, hubs, or any of the other stuff you supposedly do between your keyboard wars.

I don't make my living building banshee parts, and if I was a supporting vendor here and trying to drum up business, I sure as hell would be trying to catch more flies with sugar than salt.

Edited by Whitbread

Tricked doesn't have the option of dumping a normal size rad, running stubby marvin struts, an alum seat pan only, a 16 oz gas tank, or any of the other stuff drag guys can get away with. He's the only person I see here trying to make a legit rideable bike as light as possible for his application. A stripped drag bike that only needs to run hard for 4 seconds is not exactly relevant to the topic at hand.

Brett is a good buddy of mine. I offered to build him stingers, silencers, and now a swinger. How is that not relevant? What help have you legitimately offered outside of talking everyone else down and telling tricked he should let you build his bike? I haven't seen offers from you to lighten his cases, hubs, or any of the other stuff you supposedly do between your keyboard wars.

I don't make my living building banshee parts, and if I was a supporting vendor here and trying to drum up business, I sure as hell would be trying to catch more flies with sugar than salt.

Let me help u. That's ur first post. It's not on point. U should read the info I posted. If u don't think that's not helping then it is what it is. I don't need to offer services. I am a racer who helps other racers with design and machining etc. It's not my bread and butter and I have no prob saying no to doing work. I don't go around like a used car salesman trying to sell. It's known the top notch machining and work I do. There's info and pics posted of my work and it all speaks for it's self. It's funny how peeps with no clues like to argue with ones who know what's up...but I'm the dick cause I post facts and don't BS

Tricked, I'm guessing you also have to use full nerf bars?

Yes, I've got a cool idea for Ti, but I'm not sure yet how much lighter then aluminum it would be. I think my AC Pro Pegs definitely need the stainless peg switched with Ti, and the stub that bolts to the frame for the nerfs to slide on to, needs to be eliminated. Evan posted a pretty cool set up a long time ago.

Yep.

Honest question, how much lighter is a full Moly chassis for the few extra grand? I'm all for doing one if its drastic, but if we're talking less then 10 lbs difference between a chassis like JT built and a full moly set up it seems kinda steep. I was honestly looking do do a chassis for $7,500-8,000.

Honest question, how much lighter is a full Moly chassis for the few extra grand? I'm all for doing one if its drastic, but if we're talking less then 10 lbs difference between a chassis like JT built and a full moly set up it seems kinda steep. I was honestly looking do do a chassis for $7,500-8,000.

Dollar for dollar, a chromoly chassis is the best bang for your buck. That's where you should be starting, if you have the budget.

JT's build is not comparable. He has the means to make every single part on his bike lightweight. He just likes to use the OEM platform.