Banshee transmission sludge

So I have a 92 Banshee and i`m restoring it.. I`ve done two oil changes is the last 3 hours of riding. The oil is gray dark and thick.. it looks like a mixture of dirt dust, friction plate material and oil. I took the clutch cover off and sprayed and cleaned with brake parts cleaner. It does not come off easily.. my point is do you have any wisdom to flush my transmission better and clean with a solution? Thanks

Just tear it down and clean everything. Replace all the seals, gasket, and bearings you can while apart too. This would be the best way to clean it out.

yeah i agree thats the best way but i dont have the shop space to do all that and keep everything sorted and clean. I also just put a new top end on.. might just do more oil changes frequently and clean inside the clutch area the best i can reach with the cover and components off. Im replacing the worn out clutch now.

What oil? Are you sure the O ring the clutch cover slide over is not letting coolant past?

i just tore it apart and there are no sign of leaking there and im talking about trans oil

What fluid are you using?

Reason tricked said the o-ring is because it can let coolant get into the trans.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Im using Golden Spectro 80 W . I am aware of the o ring. I saw no oil residue inside the coolant tube or cooling sytem coolant. I can mix some coolant and trans oil to see what it looks like but this is dark and grey ish. Also its thick and must be wiped off.

Is it "shiny"? Like metal shavings in it?

Yes it had shimmer and small shavings but my clutch housing fingers are grooved deep.. im pretty sure thats where all the worn material is coming from.. 

That also might be where the color is coming from too

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

im going to replace all the worn parts under the clutch cover and keep a close eye on the oil quality .. 

Fill with diesel. Run in neutral for 3 min. Drain. Repeat 3 times. Fill with oil of choice. Go ride.

i dont know thats stuff toxic.. plus i had direct sprayed the stuff with compressed air brake cleaner and it was hard to spray off i had to actually wipe it off.. Amsoil sells an engine and transmission cleaner.. maybe that would work better.

i dont know thats stuff toxic.. plus i had direct sprayed the stuff with compressed air brake cleaner and it was hard to spray off i had to actually wipe it off.. Amsoil sells an engine and transmission cleaner.. maybe that would work better.

Just try the Diesel. It's less toxic than aerosolized brake cleaner....