Carbs for a 10 mil 465 cc Serval?

Craig B

I don't see the big deal for a little more power on bottom end which to me is before the power band hits for a big serval. My 521 serval will tractor up stuff easy and that's on low compression with pump gas. However, mine wasn't built for tight trails which IMO this is way way too much motor for.

Still waiting on emails from Curtis Duncan.

I sent Duncan a email. You can see it bellow. I really don't know why it matters, do you think I'm lying about that? What do I stand to gain lying to everybody about someone I talked to at DRI that talked to me about PT Mid's and my power plant setup? I'll post up the reply that I get back from Duncan as soon as I get it.

IMG_2836_zpsezjdzx3h.png

in regards to the boost bottle......   I know on my buds xc 700, it helped smooth out the idle and cleaned up the bottom end a touch.

The boots actually come with a boost bottle "port" thats capped, if you run a bottle you have to cut out the cap and thats for OEM intakes OR aftermarket...

My new 535 PV Cheetah has the big 6-Bolt 1989 Honda 250R Intake's. The Big Bore UPP Intakes they have available at this time don't have the cross-over tube ports. When I talked to Bill a few months back he said he would cast me a custom set of red BB Polyurethane Intakes with the cross-over tube ports when I was ready. I like the people at UPP and their products. Both are top notch.

I don't see the big deal for a little more power on bottom end which to me is before the power band hits for a big serval. My 521 serval will tractor up stuff easy and that's on low compression with pump gas. However, mine wasn't built for tight trails which IMO this is way way too much motor for.

The Rotax Style Power Valves on the 10 mil Cheetah are tuned using Keihin Carburetor Main Jet's. I can pretty much make it react anyway way I want it to based on the terrain I'm in. I'm running R2's and 38mm PWK Air Strikers on my motor. I had it built to run on 100LL/32:1 av-gas pre-mix, I can lug around in the tightest of trails with ease and run like a raped ape in the wide open river bottoms.

What pipe and carb combo are you running with your 521 Super Serval?

Edited by Thack82

Do you mean Kurt? I think there was a fella named Kurt that helped a bit on Jim Vidmar's Pikes Peak Duncan build.

Your probably write on the spelling Trick, I can't spell for shit and my grammar and punctuation is so bad it almost comical. I think I talked to that guy via email a time or two but most of our conversations took place over the phone. I got the impression that this guy was probably in his mid 40's to mid 50's but I don't really know. I'm usually pretty good remembering names and faces. I hope Duncan gets back with me soon so I put some of this doubt others are expressing to rest.

I appreciate your input and help with this more than you know.

Edited by Thack82

I can lug around in the tightest of trails with ease and run like a raped ape in the wide open river bottoms.

Mine also do that on tight trails and top end.

BBIF shearers and 39s

I'd love to know from a person who has ridden both our engine types and say which has more bottom and mid.

The Rotax Style Power Valves on the 10 mil Cheetah are tuned using Keihin Carburetor Main Jet's. I can pretty much make it react anyway way I want it to based on the terrain I'm in. I'm running R2's and 38mm PWK Air Strikers on my motor. I had it built to run on 100LL/32:1 av-gas pre-mix, I can lug around in the tightest of trails with ease and run like a raped ape in the wide open river bottoms.

How did Kan fit the Rotax valves? I have been looking for options other then the regular Trinity PV's and it looks like a bit of work to get Rotax valves on the cheetahs.

The way the power valves are fit and the way the exhaust port is ported and shaped is absolutely crucial on the PV Cheetah! I went with Kan because he was familiar with Rotax PV Engines what to do to make them run but he wasn't cheap by any means. If you don't want to go with him I were you I'd talk to Arlene at LED or builder that's big in the PWC or Snowmobile World that builds Rotax PV Engines on a regular basis.

IMO the PV Cheetah is capable of being the elite Banshee Power Plant, if you talk to the 250R guys that run the CP PV Sphinx Motors they absolutely LOVE them, but the Banshee guys hate them and talk shit about them all the time and we're talking about a twin cylinder version of the same engine essentially. I truly believe the right builder and combination of parts is what makes the difference and to be honest I think the right set of big bore pipes that were developed specifically for the Cheetah and Rotax Power Valves would be a game changer for the Cheetah guys. I've studied the Rotax Engines and the Pipes that are proven performers on them and the design characteristics on those pipes have are differ from a standard Banshee Pipes quit-a-bit. With the Rotax Engine you want the scavenging pulse waves to travel around the expansion chambers at the same or close to the same revolutions (RPM) that the engine is turning. Typically the pipes have longer neck with a small diameter that expands at a much slower rate, and the expansion chamber is shorter with a significantly bigger diameter. After doing a lot of research and reading Irealized the old school Rocket R2's had a lot in common with the successful Rotax Pipes. That's why I got with that toothless piece shit junky Tom Borrink. I thought he'd be the perfect guy to develop a Inframe PV Pipe for the PV Cheetah. I paid dearly for that mistake.

IMG_2850_zpsfvk5yayz.jpg