Driveline Performance Cylinders

BANSHEE HP

This was a stock stroke trail port we did on a bike a few months back. Stock head, 30oko, full air box, fmf fatty with spark arrestors. The green line was baseline, red and blue are after tuning.

20150727_175006.jpg

This is a stock 2006 yfz. Red is baseline Blue is air box lid removed, k&n filter with a pre-filter screen cover, the stock spark arrestor swapped for a vitos higher flow version.

20150727_173710.jpg

The dyno is a dyno jet 188. Basically the industry standard as far as chassis dynos go. WIth new a/f meter this year, new tower software the year before. It reads that same as many dynos around the country.

Will you guys be doing any dyno time on a 4mil set up?

sent from yo mammy house

i know bill said the port timings for the 4 mills and 7 mills will be available in differnt combo's for porting changes if needed.   i know that the athena is really really high exhaust and for a rider bike makes it kinda bitchy to ride. plus the one i was around was a turd to tune down low and mid range.  i'm sure it needed some port work might clean it up.  but after seeing so many have issues with the plating peeling or flaking so quickly i decided not to mess with them.   if a set came across me super cheap ( like free) i'd take them and add the iron sleeve available and go from there. 

i know bill said the port timings for the 4 mills and 7 mills will be available in differnt combo's for porting changes if needed. i know that the athena is really really high exhaust and for a rider bike makes it kinda bitchy to ride. plus the one i was around was a turd to tune down low and mid range. i'm sure it needed some port work might clean it up. but after seeing so many have issues with the plating peeling or flaking so quickly i decided not to mess with them. if a set came across me super cheap ( like free) i'd take them and add the iron sleeve available and go from there.

Is it cheaper to add an iron sleeve vs. Nikasil?

Agreed on the Athena port timings, they are a bit high for the average trail guy looking to upgrade. Which happens to be another problem because that is the demographic of people they try to cater to. I was gonna assemble a set of Athena's for a guy and the nikasil appeared to be flaking away from the top edges of the exhaust and transfer ports so I stopped and let the customer know. They are supposedly at US Chrome getting re done.