new hot rods purchase ?

jscharphorn

There is no variety, theres 110mm stock rod length or 115mm "long rod".

With the 110mm rod with a 4mm stroke and stock pin height piston you can either use a spacer plate or cut into the dome the 2mm youve added with stroke.

With the 115mm "long rod" with a 4mm stroke and the 795 series piston with a 5mm higher pin height you have the same options to make up the 2mm of stroke, spacer plate or cutting deeper into the dome. Then at .080'' (66mm) you go to the 573 series piston and make up less in the dome because its +6mm higher pin height than stock.

with either setup, the proper porting and cutting the dome deeper are the better/correct way to go over a spacer plate.

What about that 11883(?) piston you guys had made a while back? Are they beginning to sell.

I'm running the 11882 pistons with no issues in a +4, 115 rod, 65mm bore engine. These are the pistons that were made so a person could use the stock head with a thicker base gasket instead of the spacer.

So anyway there's that option... and with my build the cylinders are ported to use the stock thickness base gaskets with custom domes. Driveline Performance helped me out a lot with this setup, thanks guys!

When they say drop in crank?? Can it be dropped in from 3 or 4 feet above.? I can't remember.

on a serious note, I just checked the compression on the motor I am going to build and left side is 105 and right is 120  so I know I will not know for sure until I pop the top but is it possible it does not need a bore ?

If it needs a bore then I might want to rethink the cylinder deal because the port job will be $400 from redline and if I have to stick money in the cylinders another way also then what would be my best route to take ?

Now an expert on cranks after the other day couldn't figure out why a piston was made.

never said i was a expert, just alot smarter than you, which aint saying much i guess. to have a run of one off pistons or rods made costs money. im not in the business of selling parts so having a batch of 25 units sitting in my garage is a bad idea. besides i dont want to tie up my money on something like that either, again because im not in the parts selling business nor do i ever want to be. got better things to do than peddle parts out of my garage to low ballers like you. oem rods are junk on anything besides a bone stock engine. got one in the garage that looks like a banana. not real impressed with hotrods either. it wouldnt be difficult to design a superior rod but i dont have to because better stronger stuff is alreay out there, your just to stupid to know what parts to use.