New Driveline Performance 68mm piston

My parts changing ass is willing to do a build off against a porting and tuning god such as yourself . You pick the motor size and duration limits and fuel let's see u put your money where your mouth is keep in mind I'm no porting expert . Build must be documented and start with virgin porting

• Like 6

My parts changing ass is willing to do a build off against a porting and tuning god such as yourself . You pick the motor size and duration limits and fuel let's see u put your money where your mouth is keep in mind I'm no porting expert . Build must be documented and start with virgin porting

YES!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Have any builders tried these pistons out on a dyno yet??

I just had my cub cylinders replated, and the guys at mllinium tech told me to use the WSM 68mm pistons instead of the blaster pistons for more power. Strange thing is these new drivleline pistons have the windows in the exact spot that the WSM pistons have them..

I use wsm race Pistons on all my race engines I don't have a dyno but I feel the diffrence in throttle response and rev Pistons are like 11 grams or 14 lighter than wiseco last I weighed them was years ago I have been using them at least for 5 years with no major problems other than normal shit that wisecos would have blew also

Have any builders tried these pistons out on a dyno yet??

I just had my cub cylinders replated, and the guys at mllinium tech told me to use the WSM 68mm pistons instead of the blaster pistons for more power. Strange thing is these new drivleline pistons have the windows in the exact spot that the WSM pistons have them..

I've ran lots of the big bore WSM's. TDR has a decent deal on them. Just make sure the your final clearances are good or the intake bridge on the piston won't stay happy.

there is a big debate on what if anything the 'windows" actually do.  this debate spans back to the late 70's and early 80's when piston port/ reed motor's were being worked out..  i personally have run windowless h2 pistons in my 535 for a very long time ( 6 years  same internals of motor /stopped running it due to loosing compression and after tearing it apart i had actually WORN the nicko off the walls in places..)  i was told by some that the small windows had to be there for proper lube of the upper bearing  but i NEVER had any kind of crankshaft failure.......  upper bearing was obviously getting plenty of lubrication.   i was told that the lack of windows would cause the motor to have LESS tq and accelerate really badly.  that is of course the total opposite of how it ran..

i have my own reasons why these things happen in the motors i have.  if anyone else wants to "discuss it i can relate my theories.  my personal ones involve big ass "boost" ports and the lower end compression strokes DOWN and lower end suction stroke UP. 

the pistons speed to me is so retarded fast inside a motor that is spinning up to 11,000 rpm that i FEEL the weight is the biggest difference in the perceived results.  but the bad thing is unless some one makes a same weight piston one with windows and one without we may never know..  all i know is the things i read about the discussions by blair and his team way back in the days over ports in pistons and their effects.. 

the 120 and 125 rod options have larger small end pin sizes..  some really big pistons live better with the larger pin. i think i have a 125 rod 10 mill out there and its an 18mm pin.   and if i rember right if you are running blaster style now you cannot just drop in a banshee dome profile piston with out a matching head rechamber.  untill someone comes out with a true flat top banshee piston that is readily available  you may not see big gains  ( more than 5-8 hp)  in just moving windows around...  this is just my opinion  i deff see an option to use these pistons in stock cylinder applications.. 

• Like 1

there is a big debate on what if anything the 'windows" actually do.  this debate spans back to the late 70's and early 80's when piston port/ reed motor's were being worked out..  i personally have run windowless h2 pistons in my 535 for a very long time ( 6 years  same internals of motor /stopped running it due to loosing compression and after tearing it apart i had actually WORN the nicko off the walls in places..)  i was told by some that the small windows had to be there for proper lube of the upper bearing  but i NEVER had any kind of crankshaft failure.......  upper bearing was obviously getting plenty of lubrication.   i was told that the lack of windows would cause the motor to have LESS tq and accelerate really badly.  that is of course the total opposite of how it ran..

without piston windows the engine would be a piston port of sorts since theres no boyesen ports, atleast on stock cylinders. even though theres still a reed cage, the piston would determine when the intake opens and closes. with windows or boyesen ports the crankcase is open 360*. without piston windows on a stock cylinder i imagine you would lose power for sure

windows probly do help the wristpin bearing get more lube but i dont think the windows are 100% necesarry in this regard. many engines have no piston windows and manage to run for alot of years with no problem at the wristpin bearing