I don't want any proprietary suspension components. Did he give you a price for just a frame?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They're not going to make dick off the frame.

I bet they won't sell you just a chassis.

That's what I'm thinking. Forcing you to buy all the other shit is how it's going to pencil out on their end. Nothing against lsr, but there's far superior components out there for an mx build.

Is this the frame that the guy in Arizona was selling at the beginning of the year?

Correct, I had it shipped freight to TX.

To the question of who would spend that kind of money.. Pretty sure people already spend that amount on suspension every day, why should the suspension cost any more than what you would spend for a stock framed bike, be it a 450 or a banshee?  

The only additional cost would be the frame, albeit 2500 you aren't buying a stock donor bike or frame and it comes with a title. People buy these aftermarket frames already for their 450's and if they can offer an aftermarket stock geometry frame why not a hybrid? Just make them made to order.

$2500 for a NEW frame isn't bad at all and I absolutely would pay that especially if it were a refined design that accepted the 450's suspension with no issues and would accommodate more exhaust options and possibly a custom airbox configuration for the guys who inevitably will end up in wet and muddy conditions...

It couldn't be for your every day banshee owner who is clueless or a broke ass living with their parents trying to cut corners, but neither are Mattoon cases, or straight cuts or billet drag axles and swing arms, titanium hardware or any of the other high end shit we buy.

Why should this be any different than spending thousands on an aftermarket dune or drag frame? or Thousands on 100+hp? If handling and suspension are your priority then you will.

It's really not that far fetched and with aftermarket support you may see more 2 strokes in mx and xc races. Surely there are two stroke enthusiasts that race 4 strokes because it's just easier.

With that said I agree this is unlikely to happen simply because of such pessimistic attitudes and the fact it isn't a gold mine idea. Even if it does happen it would be slow to take off and require some marketing.

But can you imagine Whitbread or Evan's EFI being refined into a light weight almost plug-n-play package in a lightweight hybrid frame with a 4-10mil serval? That would be a force to be reckoned with. Win some races and get some media coverage with such a bike and I bet there would be loads of interest. First the old Banshee and two stroke myths need to be dispelled.

Here's a cool Walsh hybrid that's similar to the concept I'm talking about. I'm sure many of you have seen before.

http://atvscene.com/walsh-race-crafts-ltr-quadzilla-hybrid-built-kory-ellis/

Hell if 2 people from here give me a solid Yes. That's close to 30k for LSR. To make a few changes to a design they currently have and send out some other yfz parts they already have on the shelf. I wonder many Banshee owners have 10k plus into this $hobby$.

Correct, I had it shipped freight to TX.

To the question of who would spend that kind of money.. Pretty sure people already spend that amount on suspension every day, why should the suspension cost any more than what you would spend for a stock framed bike, be it a 450 or a banshee?

The only additional cost would be the frame, albeit 2500 you aren't buying a stock donor bike or frame and it comes with a title. People buy these aftermarket frames already for their 450's and if they can offer an aftermarket stock geometry frame why not a hybrid? Just make them made to order.

$2500 for a NEW frame isn't bad at all and I absolutely would pay that especially if it were a refined design that accepted the 450's suspension with no issues and would accommodate more exhaust options and possibly a custom airbox configuration for the guys who inevitably will end up in wet and muddy conditions...

It couldn't be for your every day banshee owner who is clueless or a broke ass living with their parents trying to cut corners, but neither are Mattoon cases, or straight cuts or billet drag axles and swing arms, titanium hardware or any of the other high end shit we buy.

Why should this be any different than spending thousands on an aftermarket dune or drag frame? or Thousands on 100+hp? If handling and suspension are your priority then you will.

It's really not that far fetched and with aftermarket support you may see more 2 strokes in mx and xc races. Surely there are two stroke enthusiasts that race 4 strokes because it's just easier.

With that said I agree this is unlikely to happen simply because of such pessimistic attitudes and the fact it isn't a gold mine idea. Even if it does happen it would be slow to take off and require some marketing.

But can you imagine Whitbread or Evan's EFI being refined into a light weight almost plug-n-play package in a lightweight hybrid frame with a 4-10mil serval? That would be a force to be reckoned with. Win some races and get some media coverage with such a bike and I bet there would be loads of interest. First the old Banshee and two stroke myths need to be dispelled.

Here's a cool Walsh hybrid that's similar to the concept I'm talking about. I'm sure many of you have seen before.

http://atvscene.com/walsh-race-crafts-ltr-quadzilla-hybrid-built-kory-ellis/

I was really close to buying that frame. In the end the no link killed it for me. I run a stock modified frame with a 421 serval on the track and it does great. Fun factor far exceeds riding my yfz. That motor with a LT modern geo frame would be a beast.

Hell if 2 people from here give me a solid Yes. That's close to 30k for LSR. To make a few changes to a design they currently have and send out some other yfz parts they already have on the shelf. I wonder many Banshee owners have 10k plus into this $hobby$.

If they'll sell me a modern geo frame only that will except universal components, I'm in.

• Like 2

I had plans of putting my 421 serval into the outlaw but my snipers do not fit and I'm not sure if PT mids will, haven't tried them or the old ass FMF's I have laying around. I would like to see what these SLP's are all about too, if they fit that is. First I need to sort out these unforeseen suspension issues. For now it's just in my fireball LT and roll design/elka stock chassis. Which handles pretty well for a stock frame.

I am planning to sell a stock shee and a couple 250R's. Depending on the time frame I would be one to commit to the 5600. I would also like to have other suspension options though, not just some custom LSR shit. It would make it easier to sell also if it ever came to that.

I had plans of putting my 421 serval into the outlaw but my snipers do not fit and I'm not sure if PT mids will, haven't tried them or the old ass FMF's I have laying around. I would like to see what these SLP's are all about too, if they fit that is. First I need to sort out these unforeseen suspension issues. For now it's just in my fireball LT and roll design/elka stock chassis. Which handles pretty well for a stock frame.

I am planning to sell a stock shee and a couple 250R's. Depending on the time frame I would be one to commit to the 5600. I would also like to have other suspension options though, not just some custom LSR shit. It would make it easier to sell also if it ever came to that.

That sucks on the pipes. I think Erik is going to be able to fit snipers in his Laeger. I was thinking a 421 serval with slps and a 2 into 1 carb would be a pretty track friendly setup.

The combo of a 10mill serval in a chasis that is hooked on rails is tough to beat. The two I have committed both called me "fuckin quad monkey" now they want one!

Shhhhh........

I would only consider it if I can buy any YFZ/YFZR arms and bolt them on. The only reason I haven't done an Outlaw or Protrax is because of Outrageous Propriatary parts that take to long and cost to much. Sell me something like any of the big name hybrids with bolt on parts and I am in. Their unwillingness to adjust design is going to be the reason this never happens and I will ultimately do a YFZ swap.

So this is LSR and not Laeger? If done could you get say a +4 swingarm, no nerf mounts, or air box. A dune version. Also for that price would it include tie rods and spindles. And to use a 88 250r platform wouldn't be as good as the new yfz450r set up. The price isn't outrageous and I was thinking a 10 mill serval dune build.

I'm running 28mm pwk's right now with a modified air box shoehorned in to the stock frame.

826000135f354fa77383398ac7da5d84.jpg

I did see an air box fitted to the outlaw frame before using flexible hose to connect between the carbs and air box.

f0c3dd39cf5cb1ddd6b5df48561d7c45.jpg

Just an FYI:

I built a similar air box and air tracts setup to fit my Laeger. There was a solid 5hp gain going to pods when dynoed, no other changes.