sean keenan aka MarineNYC ripped me off for a couple grand...

He obviously wasn't/isn't a friend. If he was you would be far more concerned about him either getting help, getting better, getting back to work, something. If I've got a friend who I know is in trouble or askew my last concern is going to be a measly 2k. Try to focus on getting him well and see if the financial stuff falls into place. JMO..... But I know you NY thugs do shit a bit different.

I draw the line when it comes to people who fiend out and fuck you over when you were helping them out.

Ive sat through many civil trials and the judgement depends on the judge sitting on the bench. Some of the judges are completely off the wall and others are like Tyler said no contract no reimbursement. You guys are both correct. Civil is totally different then criminal.

I draw the line when it comes to people who fiend out and fuck you over when you were helping them out.

^ EXACTLEY. Not IF, more like I HAVE had a friend/S fuck me over even after trying to help them get their shit together multiple times. That is why I left the transmission and liquidation/scrap industry. One figured it out, the other is still lost.
  • Like 1

It appears quite a few of us have been burned financially one way or the other. Luckily I have never been burned by a friend or family member.. However I could write a book on the construction industry here in NYC and my dealings with scumbag General Contractors who's only mission is to hire sub contractors like myself and try to screw us any chance they get, to line their pockets with my money!

Lesson is, learn from your mistakes in helping people out and be extremely Leary, like my old man says; I don't trust anyone, not even myself!

• Like 1

This...

Some lawyers offer free consulting....  some have law assistants that do over the phone consulting... and like steve said.. some charge for consulting....      you walk in to a court and get turned around on the spot like tyler, you got one shity ass lawyer and pretty stupid yourself to not verify that what you got will actually stand up in court or not vs getting hosed in lawyer fee's tyler style.

weee bit of common sense can go a long way 

You're dumb as fuck. I've never lost in court when filing against someone for rent and possession. I always have a contract, therefore have never lost.

On top of that, I've only used a lawyer one time to deal with a deadbeat tenant, and that was when I was too busy to fuck with it.

Unlike you, I am smart enough to file my own paperwork with the court and deal with it myself.

I hope this guy goes to court and tries to stand in front of a judge and explain this story.. At that point, the judge will ask to see a contract. When he cannot produce one, the judge will dismiss the case.

End of story.

Some people need to experience a handful of shit and empty promises before they realize that the court systems are fucked.

Most judges hear dozen of cases a day and play sudoko as you tell your side of the story. The longer the case, the more money the attorney makes even though they know the outcome is shit and not in your favor.

I've had clear cut evidence in cases and got told to suck it the fuck up.

File your own paperwork and be happy with a cheaper version of yes or no. Or hire an attorney and pay out the ass for a yes or no.