finishing my long serval build

RagunCajun

Just went for a ride. The bike is much much more fun with the new stock length swing arm. It turns easier and hooks far better. The CST pulse are really putting in work now. I did notice the rear brakes are worse but I'd assume that's because there is more weight on the back so they have to work harder. The bike still stops well 80+.

The bike was dripping trans fluid in back my truck. Come to find out the clutch cover bolts backed out. You have to grind the back off in order to get the slingshot to clear the stock cover. This motor sure does vibrate a hell of a lot more. I never had problems with that. But that's a simple fix. I may try some epoxy since blue lock tight doesn't do much.

Over all I'd never recommend an extended swing for anyone who doesn't ride in sand and/or isn't a drag bike.

Just went for a ride. The bike is much much more fun with the new stock length swing arm. It turns easier and hooks far better. The CST pulse are really putting in work now. I did notice the rear brakes are worse but I'd assume that's because there is more weight on the back so they have to work harder. The bike still stops well 80+.

The bike was dripping trans fluid in back my truck. Come to find out the clutch cover bolts backed out. You have to grind the back off in order to get the slingshot to clear the stock cover. This motor sure does vibrate a hell of a lot more. I never had problems with that. But that's a simple fix. I may try some epoxy since blue lock tight doesn't do much.

Over all I'd never recommend an extended swing for anyone who doesn't ride in sand and/or isn't a drag bike.

Run 4 new motor cushions instead of 2
  • Like 1

Little bit of an update before bed. I am finally able to do a few things to the bike with the new job. I'm back in my previous field.

I took some weight out of the sling shot meanwhile going back to 6 stock springs. The clutch had 3hd/3regular springs for serval year. It shifts much better now. I had issues shifting at very high rpms with the serval even though it has a promod. I set the center adjuster for the clutch better. It was way off although there was no issues. It was years since i did it but it didnt take long to refigure out once the clutch cover was off.

I installed my stock length round house style swing arm today. The install went very easy. I cleaned every seal, shaft, bolt etc back there while i had it apart. I regreased everything as well. I am surprised the carrier took as much grease as it did for only 14 hours on the bike. I only cut the chain once and it was perfect. I went for a quick spin down the street. It sure is a hand full. The front end shoots up when the power band comes on. I will have to rebleed my back brakes because i dont quite think they are where they should be. I may end  up getting a shorter rear brake line. I ordered a 23" braided stainless line and it's too long. I will see what they do about that after i specifically told the guy via email it needs to be shorter than stock since it's round house which requires a 25". That isnt a big deal though. The rear caliper is stock but works fine. It has some Tusk pads with a JDS rotor.

http://i.imgur.com/zfZYUmc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qrF6Kdf.jpg

Next on the list is new 2001 year model plastics(i sold the fullbore hood) with new OEM graphics(rear fender will have no decals). I am trying to get some obsolete decals remade. Finding the original 350 twin 6 speed is a chore. Then i will get the JL d/c conversion kit. I will sell my harness Kompulsive Concepts made me and have him do another. There's a few wiring changed i made so i ran it as clean as possible. At that time, i will be converting my bike to have brake lights. The bike was test fitted with a cheap ebay LED brake light a few weeksend ago and everything now bolts up after i modded the plate. I may do shorty ASV levers. The long levers i have are starting to bother me. There's anything i can think of that i want for the bike after those items. I'm not doing and chrome or polished stuff. I'm still no the hunt for some CSFX silencers. That's about it for now.

edit*  also want a Chariot thumb throttle. This modded stocker to open 39's sucks. But it works for now and im being a cheap ass until some other things are taken care of.

I wanted to say, nice build! It's ten times cooler seeing a non-stretched banshee, and knowing it has a 10mm setup. If you try the Chariot throttle, please give us a good review. I'm using a Honda with an extended thumb, and looking for something easier.

There's a local selling some decals on craigslist, I saw your above post and I just wanted to pass it on in case you could use them. If he won't ship them, I could help get them to you (provided it's what you're looking for) 

2006 Yamaha Banshee OEM Rear Fender Decals - $100 http://newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6058421921.html

Run 4 new motor cushions instead of 2

Are you talking about 2GU-15328-00-00SPACER, DAMPER | (U49) as per RMATV.com's oem parts section under crank case? If so, i do have 4 total. I decided to put 4 from the start. Disregard the epoxy statement. I forgot if i expoy the screws in, then it will be hell to get the clutch cover insert off.

I wanted to say, nice build! It's ten times cooler seeing a non-stretched banshee, and knowing it has a 10mm setup. If you try the Chariot throttle, please give us a good review. I'm using a Honda with an extended thumb, and looking for something easier.

There's a local selling some decals on craigslist, I saw your above post and I just wanted to pass it on in case you could use them. If he won't ship them, I could help get them to you (provided it's what you're looking for) 

2006 Yamaha Banshee OEM Rear Fender Decals - $100 http://newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/6058421921.html

Thanks but those arent quite what im looking for. I dont think i will put any rear decals on my rear fenders. However, having something like that which says banshee 521 would be different yet subtle. Also i just looked up 2006 banshee decals for the rear fender. They are no obsolete like the add says. One 06 model is around $30, the other is $160. So will wait on that. I will have to play with colors to see if i can find some that will work with m color scheme yet remain looking OEM.

Wow omg I am just now reading this build thread. First off your banshee is nice! Because of this I am building a super serval now for dunning. Did you happen to dyno this motor? If not got a idea how many horses it's making?

I havent really checked or paid much attention to fuel consumption. When a buddy and i went ride else where, i burned over a half tank in less than 30 min of riding. Keep in mind it was tight trails so i was under the power band most of the time. It drinks gas. His gas level on his honda 450 quad didnt even move and he road that thing hard. I dont ride much and im always putting gas in the thing. I must of went through 4-5 bottles of fuel fragrance and a bunch of quarts of supertechiplate in a years time. I only have 14 hours on the engine.

Wow omg I am just now reading this build thread. First off your banshee is nice! Because of this I am building a super serval now for dunning. Did you happen to dyno this motor? If not got a idea how many horses it's making?

Thanks, i cant wait to finish it cosmetically. It was dynoed off and on when Cam ported it a little, dynoed and did it again until we were happy. It was built without a HP goal in mind, just for fun power delivery. It's on redline's webite: http://redlineracing.biz/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cajun.jpg

That's griff's 10mil serval and my 10 SS on the same graph.

As im get used to the bike, im more and more glad i didnt do a 4mil serval like i wanted when i called Redline originally.

Did you happen to dyno this motor? If not got a idea how many horses it's making?

He did. His setup with LED's made about 108 hp and 60 foot-pounds of torque.

You should look up the charts in this topic, they show you way more than just the peak numbers.

He did. His setup with LED's made about 108 hp and 60 foot-pounds of torque.

You should look up the charts in this topic, they show you way more than just the peak numbers.

My statement is false, sorry. I was confusing this thread with Controls his super serval thread :) In case you didn't already, you should check out that thread if you want to have a look at some super serval dyno numbers.

My statement is false, sorry. I was confusing this thread with Controls his super serval thread :) In case you didn't already, you should check out that thread if you want to have a look at some super serval dyno numbers.

all while my 465 serval made 98hp on pump gas with cheap snipers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1