FLOTEK PERFORMANCE

2strokesmellgud

This is not a flame story just my experience with this company good or bad. First off i wanted a little extra power for the shee so i wanted to port my juggs while the bottom end was apart.  After doing a little research and a few phone calls i landed with DENNIS at flowtek racing,, Nice guy very compliant with my needs and budget. I send the cylinders off and we get the details out of the way weight.type of riding. tire size. gears ect ect. he tells me it will be a week or so befor they are finished which was fine. I get the cylinders back and i dont give them a second look just put them up till the bottom is all closed up. ounce that was done i bolt them on and send the bike to a local shop for the rest of the build and to be tuned.  Here is where it gets interesting. Firstly the guy at the shop tells me he cant get it running because (after a month i might add) they dont have a wire from the cdi hooked up. ounce that problem is solved they get it to fire but its not running right they tell me and its LEAKING WATER :whoa: . They tell me they will try and fix the leak and start again 2 more weeks go by and still nothing so i go and pickup the shee from them after a 300+$ bill.  Get it to my buddies garage and inspect the issure we drain the engine and pull the head pistons look just how they did when i ordered so we go deeper and pull the jugg. And my head explodes my brand new 4mm crank looks like a roach leg bent to hell. We find water in the right exhaust pipe so i send the head to noss machine for inspection? nop wasnt the head now we check the cylinder? while porting the water jacket was hit and the cylinder leaks water on top the piston and we all know WATER DOESNT COMPRESS. So i send the juggs off to a reputable builder (sponsor) and he tells me the low down that im screwed basically and he could fix them but wouldnt guarantee them due to him having to use poxy. So i send him the entire engine for him to rebuild everything new 1400$ later minus shipping i have a ported 4mm. Now i call flowtek and explain the situation he tells me that its not possible and it wasnt him i explain that noone elese has touched the cylinders but him. he holds to his story wasnt him. I tell him what my other builder told me that the port job was a fail to begin with and timing where wrong from the get go.  Flotek racing tells me that he will send me another set of juggs along with fixing my other juggs for free that was the best he could do to offset my cost of rebuilding my entire engine. Saying that i could sell the other juggs on ebay for a few hundred bucks.............. :yank:  I have emails as well as pics of everything i will not say the other builder unless he chimes in himself but he was a great help to me.

I couldnt care less about flotek as I dont know the dude. You shoulda called him FIRST. Most builders unfortunately will flame another and say everything they do is crap or that they are incompetent. I would take that as a $1400 lesson on what NOT to do.

Just my Opinion.

Dennis has ported quite a few stock cylinders in my area. ( Not mine though)  They all do very well.

By offering you another set of cylinders is more then fair. Dennis is a stand up guy.

No disrespect but I think YOU need to own your failed build. 

Good luck though.

Troy

Yes she shop had great reviews but they pretty much suck when I comes to a banshee. And the only reason I sent my motor to another builder was I didn't think Dennis would go off my word that the juggs we're crap. And yes he did send me another set of juggs which is a great thing to do but it shouldn't have happened to begin with

Just my Opinion.

Dennis has ported quite a few stock cylinders in my area. ( Not mine though)  They all do very well.

By offering you another set of cylinders is more then fair. Dennis is a stand up guy.

No disrespect but I think YOU need to own your failed build. 

Good luck though.

Troy

never said I'm not owning my failed build simply saying what happened. And I totally agree he is a stand up guy which is why he got my juggs to start with.