Cheetah

jriffe23

No that's the whole piont. They will not work how my cylinder is set up. So I will show how they hurt my motor set up for block off. Yes when I had my pvs in there was no work done to it at all. Just changed domes. And the untouched cheetah was a fun dune bike. It even ran olds at Glamis and beat a few drags bike in my full dune set up. Just saying.

I thought buying in touched cheetahs was just part of the process to get another builder to set it up. So that I agree with. That doesn't make the cylinder a piece of shit, that just means Harry's guys are fucking hacks. The few builders I've talked to said if they touch it, just get it raw. Not just CAMATV.

I think skeeter is bein fecetious on his numbers....

When I sent my first 535 cheetah out for work, I was told the same thing. It originally came with block offs, I was told the exhaust port was opened so much it wouldn't like the powervalves. So we went with a fresh blank cylinder from trinity, I haven't dyno'd my motor yet but I have no complaints.

when you put the pv's in mike.  if the top end hp numbers are not EXACTILLY THE SAME as your non pv numbers  there is something wrong with the pv's..  it could possibly be the fact they are to skinny for the port and not reacting correctley.  if you can  change the jets around a LOT and make sure the piston area is sealing and also that the supply holes in the base are clean and open.  do not run 927 in the motors as that may even cause them to stick right there on the dyno.  klotz supertechniplate for alky is your best bet ( i dont know what oil your running now) if they are still not showing the same upper rpm numbers then they are either not opening up all the way from not being pressure'd correctly OR they are hanging down in the port and are to long or installed upside down.    if your upper port number on the exhaust is a 197 there is a lot left in the motor running pv's. most dont see that.  they are so used to fixed port motors that with huge exhausts, ( over 200d) falling on their faces.  i have said before a pv motor can handle  really high exhaust. my 535 is at a 201 but closed i think is a 190-192...

the trinity 485 motor i had had a REALLY wide exhaust port  playing with that casting is what lead me to figure out the issues witht he pv's hanging in the port. and the desire to redo the exhaust to something i personally wanted to try.  that particular motor with real domes in it ran really hard on the top end. at the time i was wanting more of a dunner motor so wanted a lesser agressive exhaust.  then after redoing the motor it made so much tq it was actually a real handful to ride on a 6 over.  to me it wasnt that much fun being that violent.  so into the lsr it went..  then to come out about 3 years later and has been in a box for 2 years or so?>

i would love to see a cheeta with a much better blade design besides the trinity setup.  the TSS will unfortunatley probably never happen although is a bad ass idea. a tps, rpm sensed cdi with pv control according to load and throttle position would be saweet

i never eally gave up on this motor mostly due to not wanting to spend the money on a cub that needed pistons nearly every 6 months due to wear,.,.   WHEUUU  

^ yeah, pure shit! Haha.

JEEZUS, that's pretty swank for a 392. Nice curve. I like the comparison on the 38 lectrons and 39pwk's. Pretty close on the front side of the curve then the 39's keep on pulling..... Hmm, not bad for a stupid carb! Who set that jalopy up?

• Like 1

were they 36/38 lectrons?

Good question..... Maybe a straight 38mm would of pulled as long as the 39's. But that would mean the 39pwk just laid just as much usable bottom as the 36/38 Lectron. Maybe the smaller Lectron would show even more low end in the real sand load situation?

Either way, that is a pretty impressive lil' cheetah

yes..

if you use cr250 reed they need to be the same year.  some of the latter ones had some interesting reed setups.  if its an 250r they also should be the same year.  or use vforce reeds in it,. 

the rotax valves would be a great option but the bolt pattern is a lil wider on the ones i have had here.  then the spring pressure would be adjustable much easier..