Cheetah

jriffe23

Advantage is definitely more usable curve and torque. Problem is politics have drivin the cost way up on the cheetah stuff. When you put it against motors of equel CC you will rarely see a better peak number leading to the argument that dollar per CC the cheetah is at a dis advantage . But if you want more usable power and have the money to buy every thing, then pay to go through it all, it can be worth I if done right. I finally rode a couple cheetahs over the last couple seasons. The 421 that wild card did was fucking amazing! The 485 as was from trinity was a turd and should be sorted out this season.

• Like 1

^ word. Windy, thoughts?

I don't give a crap any more.

CAM comes in on every post and talks them up.

His is the ONLY cheetah that I can think of that is running powervalves and is known to be fast.

Everybody says "If they are set up right....blah blah blah"

99% of the people who say that have no idea how and just assume a top builder would know.

Powervalves are an amazing thing.

They were developed to lessen the pipe hit on a MX motorcycle by blocking the exhaust to soften the hit of the pipe so a motorcycle would not blow off the rear tires coming out of the corner.

20 years later the world is now convinced they add power. Funny.....10millmike doesn't run them in his drag bike.....

But lets hear all about how great they are when you get on and off the gas.......because you can't show test results for that.

Somebody wants a cheetah?.... Fine. I had a 472 and a 492 and did almost as much changing and testing as Mailman did with his 492.

He and I both ran away from that Cheetah platform and are never going back.

Somebody wants to drink the Cheetah kool-aid?.....drink up. There are plenty of warning posts by me if they are willing to do some research.

If not........ignorance is bliss.

Gotta be honest, all these years later. I am starting to see viable cheetah builds pop up. I've rode a wild card 421 that was fucking flawless! I wasn't much a believer till I rode one though. I'd still murder third world children for a good running PV set up of any brand for a banshee.

• Like 1

Gotta be honest, all these years later. I am starting to see viable cheetah builds pop up. I've rode a wild card 421 that was fucking flawless! I wasn't much a believer till I rode one though. I'd still murder third world children for a good running PV set up of any brand for a banshee.

Kill all the kids you want.

That's one way to end poverty.....

But a heavily ported Serval or Cub won't require excessive human sacrifice to be right the way a Cheetah will.

When you're done with your planned genocide, please make sure to post up the dyno curves from your blood build.

I can sympathise.

I got fucked for a few years too.

Then I sold my Cheetah. LOL

My cheetah is a blast. Recovery is awesome and controllable when you need to chop the throttle on a hill. The smooth transition into the power and is a huge plus for me as I have some issues with my hands. You can bring your hate sticks all you want. I didn't build it to impress anyone or because I wanted a pat on the back. It suits my riding style just fine.

And yes, Brandon at Wildcard can port a mean cheetah.

• Like 1

I remember PABansheeMatt had a nice one, bigred350x, and didn't LMS have nice running cheetahs? They're just the underdog because they came with a shit load of problems and still costed more. So nobody messes with them compared to other stuff. If I found one that wasn't drag ported and ran good, I would scoop it up after riding that wildcard 421.

Windy Is a cheetah hater he has nothing but bad luck with them LMAO Just kidding John.  I have  a 10mil cheetah.  I have want from dune riding it in Glamis to asphalt.  When the motor was Built by trinity it was a dog, Then I had it fixed by D&M a few years later. My bike only made 97 and it had the PV in it for duning, the PV made the powercruve very  smooth. It was a very fun dune bike, and it ran very good. Then I wanted to start drag racing, So I had shearer port the motor and do a few other things.I took the pv's out for drag racing, bike hit the pipe alot harder.  You are going to get 5 different answers it all depends on what you wanna do with the bike.  There is no way in hell you will gain Hp from PV'S, If you go to any pro sand drag race you will not see a single cheetah running PV's  MY bike want from 97hp Unported to 114hp ported on race gas. Now with Q16 it has made 120. If you are trail riding or dune riding keep the PV's you will have a lot more user friendly powercruve.